Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning: Cat Owners - Check Your Cats Behavior

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:32 AM

I was looking at the news yesterday, and they had a segment where there is a brand of cat food (I don't recall the name), but it has been positively linked to killing cats, by shutting down their kidneys, where the cats simply couldn't breathe.

From what I saw on the news segment, the cat food is in cans, .. the most dangerous food can you feed your pet anyway, but Proctor & Gamble, along with other pet food makers have started pulling their products off the shelves. This is a serious issue, and especially if you feed your cat canned cat food.

You should do your research on the Internet, as this has just been reported, and watch your cats behavior. It slowly kills them,,, and from what I've saw on the news, it does it within a few days or so. I don't know the exact amount of days it actually take.

Feeding Tips: I'm a cat lover as well as a dog lover, and here is what I suggest for you to make sure your cat stays healthy.

no# 1. Take them to the vet regularly
no# 2. Do not buy canned cat food. Believe it or not, your cat will be much healthier, plus you'll save alot of money,,,,, and plus you can eat it too........if you buy the canned Pink Salmon. It's much healthier for them too.

If I were to tell you what they make out of canned dog, and cat food, you'll probably get sick. They can up just about every dead tissue, flesh, and body parts of animals, including monkeys, horses, and other non human eating parts. That part is old news. But we feed it to our pets when we buy canned pet food.

no# 3. Feed your cat dry cat food. Dry pet food is healthier for them and it gives them even bowel movements.

With the above tips, your cat will have a healthier life, and will have a better chance of not getting poisoned with the already verified poisoned cat food that's probably still on some store shelves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

The contaminated pet food recall affects dogs, cats, and any other meat eating pet.

The easiest way to stay up to date on this recall is to simply google on "pet food recall" for the most up to date information.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

Recalled Cat Food List

Recalled Dog Food List

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the links. It would have been nice if the local news stations refer people to other sources. They are just cut-n-dry with their news reporting.

That's odd though, because they never mentioned any dog food. I know cats have been dying off here lately, according to the news.

But still, for the cat owners, if you're buying canned foods for them, just buy pink salmon. It costs less than cat food, and you get more, and the cat will eat it all up too.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

The contaminated pet food recall affects dogs, cats, and any other meat eating pet.

The easiest way to stay up to date on this recall is to simply google on "pet food recall" for the most up to date information.

As KoanYorel states above ^. Just google.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the links. It would have been nice if the local news stations refer people to other sources. They are just cut-n-dry with their news reporting.

That's odd though, because they never mentioned any dog food. I know cats have been dying off here lately, according to the news.

I offered links, and mentioned dogs, 3 days ago :thumbsup: :
For Bleeping Pet Owners

Edited by tg1911, 21 March 2007 - 01:30 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the warning Walkman and thanks for the links Pandy.
Like I am out of US, I have to search for European links. :thumbsup:
Wait, I've found in the link given by tg1911 the brand I give to my cat.
Thanks tg1911.

Edited by Darthy, 21 March 2007 - 01:48 PM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

You're welcome, Darthy.
I would take your cat to the vet.
There have been several pets in this area die, because of this.

What I don't understand, is that there were warning signs, and the owner's didn't act on them.
One woman, on the local news, said her dog was drinking a lot more than usual, and wasn't his normal, playful, self.
Wake up people!!
A pet is like a small child, that can't talk, yet.
If the child is not acting normally, do you just ride it out, hoping he gets better, or take him to a doctor?
Same with pets.
If they aren't acting normally, there's something wrong, and if it's not a pre-existing condition, that you know about, you better get them to a Vet, or they could end up like this woman's dog, and die.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the warning tg1911. I'm not sure if I was online Sunday or not, but you sure did get the word out. I appreciate that.

#10 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

You're welcome, Darthy.
I would take your cat to the vet.
There have been several pets in this area die, because of this.

What I don't understand, is that there were warning signs, and the owner's didn't act on them.
One woman, on the local news, said her dog was drinking a lot more than usual, and wasn't his normal, playful, self.
Wake up people!!
A pet is like a small child, that can't talk, yet.
If the child is not acting normally, do you just ride it out, hoping he gets better, or take him to a doctor?
Same with pets.
If they aren't acting normally, there's something wrong, and if it's not a pre-existing condition, that you know about, you better get them to a Vet, or they could end up like this woman's dog, and die.

I nearly lost one of my cats,5 days ago. What our Vet thinks,it is something she ate from a pet food can.
If your cat starts drinking heaps of water,goes off their food,don't hesitate and get them straight to the Vet.
It's a sure sign that their kidneys are being attacked.48 HRS on a drip,needles and now on tablets,and she is recovering slowly.The Vet said there is no laws to what goes into Pet Food here.No more canned pet food for my pets.I will prepare a balanced diet in future.
Don't let your Pets suffer.

#11 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

I hope your cat recovers fine.

But, by all means people, monitor your dog or cat for their behavior. They may be warning you that they're sick. I've had my dog since he was about 5 weeks old, and it's now 6 human years since we had him, and he eats nothing but dry dog food. A little bread ends every now and then, and a few other treats,, but never, ever canned dog food.

I kinda wish I had a cat, because my cat would only get canned salmon. My wife said she used to feed her cats the plain sardines. Just think about it... bot of those foods, we humans can eat, and it's healthy for us anyway.

I can see me now, trying to feed my cat, but I'm getting me some salmon out of the can for myself.

DSTM, just stick by your cat, and care for him/her, and I'm sure it will pull through.

A pet is like your child, your family member. Treat them well, and they'll always treat you even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users