Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

I downloaded Regseeker program and runned it, and now I can't boot my computer. It only starts in Safe Mode with promt. Does not work in Safe Mode only or in any other. I believe it " cleaned" or erased my registry or modified it. I can not find my windows cd to boot with the disk. How can I restore to a previous configuration using the prompt window, or is there another way ?
Thank you for any information, I realy need to make it work fast. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

As windows is booting up, start pressing F8 to access your boot menu (right before windows loading screen). You should be able to select to either recover/last known good config.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 lucas

lucas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:32 AM

I already did that and didn't work. The only one that works after the F8 options is safe mode with promt.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

Get a floppy disk and go to the nearest Windows XP machine. Put the floppy in the drive, go to my computer, right click your floppy drive and select format. In one of the boxes near the bottom, you will see create MS Dos bootable disk. This will allow you to get a CMD prompt at boot. Run CHKDSK there.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 lucas

lucas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

Thank you I will try this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users