Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Magic Oh Hard Drives, I Hate You All.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zucchetto

zucchetto

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hello,

I partitioned my main hard drive a month ago ( 2 SATA's raided C: ). I started to run out of room on my 1st partition and no longer needed my 2nd partiton anymore. I formatted the 2nd partition and wanted to add that space back to my 1st partition so that the drive would be one again. So I went to Partition Magic and redistributed free space, added most of it back to my 1st partition, which by the way didnt make the drive whole again. RESTARTED, and now windows XP will not boot, it gets to the load screen and then a blue screen flashed and restarts.

-AD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

Try booting with your Windows CD into the recovery console and use the fixmbr command.

Fixmbr
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 zucchetto

zucchetto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:08 AM

Thanks Budapest.

I installed XP on a new hard drive, so I could get some work done, after installing a program it made me restart and started my old windows XP! Who knows what happened, but it works now. I am having several other hard drive problems, but I will try and fix those later. Thanks again.

-AD

Edited by zucchetto, 21 March 2007 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users