Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log: Please Help Diagnose

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jato07

Jato07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

I think there is something seriously wrong with my system. Whenever I try to click on the Control Panel I get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control planel." I can still access the control planel if I search for .cpl files. Then when I click okay the screen blanks and everything loads up again. This also happens randomly when browsing the web or running certain applications.

I've run scans with AVG and Spy Bot in safe mode numerous times, but the problem persists. Also I get an error message from windows telling me service pack setup has to close randomly. I've checked windows update and it says that I've already installed service pack 2. And I also get a message about something called the "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger" having to close. When this happens my system freezes and I have to restart manually. I've checked and I haven't installed any program by that name.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 13:21:46, on 21/03/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ZyDAS Technology Corporation\ZyDAS_802.11g_Utility\ZDWlan.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\HJT\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBDrvDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\SB Drive Det\SBDrvDet.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\NEW\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to ZDWlan.lnk = C:\Program Files\ZyDAS Technology Corporation\ZyDAS_802.11g_Utility\ZDWlan.exe
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft2\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\NEW\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 3578 bytes

Edited by Jato07, 21 March 2007 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

Hello Jato07 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. This version of HijackThis is still in beta and as such is not supported here. You can uninstall it and delete any files/folders that it has created.

Let's try a different scanner and see what we find.

Download WinPFind3u.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
    • File Associations
      Shell Spawning
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users