Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer won't reboot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:46 AM

Does anyone have a clue as to why I don't have the reboot function? Or what I can do to get it back? I've had this a long time. Anytime I receive the instruction to reboot to get something to take effect...it takes effect if I log off and push the button on the hard drive to turn the computer off...then push the button to turn it back on. But it seems that the reboot is necessary to get it in safe mode...so, please help if you can...and thanks. :thumbsup:
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:46 PM

The Shutdown and Restart troubleshooting 'bible' is here.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for responding ddeerrff. I got my reboot back but things are messed up. I locked myself out...followed a lead on that site...and had to use system recovery this morning. That allows me to start fresh...but I locked myself out of my old user account.

I was able to re-install my McAfee anti-virus...and firewall...but not privacy service. Their customer service sucks! I followed the instructions given me...but it won't download.

:thumbsup: And I'm a crazy person today over this mess.

Well, if anyone has any feedback...it would be appreciated. Thanks. :flowers:
noonytunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users