Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Computer Sounds, What Is Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LokiDucks

LokiDucks

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:04 PM

I have a laptop. Whenever i plug speakers (especially evident with headphones) i can hear the buzzing and beeping of, i guess, computer processes happening.

For instance, when i minimize or maximize a window, i'll hear a "bzzzzz" of the shrinking and growing.

When i download something, i'll hear short "bzz-bzz-bzz" sounds of what i assume is the data being written to disk.

When i move the mouse cursor, it makes "bzzzzzzzzzz" noises as well.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver. All i know is that it's extremely annoying when i have to use headphones (which is often).

If there's anything you need to know, just let me know where i can find the info and i'll be happy to post it if it'll help you help me!

I just can't take this anymore!!

EDIT:

I have just noticed that when i play this gif from a website (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:Turbine_Explosion.gif) the annoying buzzing sounds disappear. What is up with this?!

--Chris--

Edited by LokiDucks, 20 March 2007 - 10:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:23 AM

How high are the volume controls set in your audio devices?

#3 LokiDucks

LokiDucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

I have the volume turned all the way down. even on mute, i hear these sounds.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

If you're on a wireless Internet connection, that may be your source of your problem. It could also be that your components aren't shielded properly. and it could be that you're around alot of interference. It could be across the street, down the street, around the corner, power cables outside of where you're at, utility poles. It could also be your television causing it too.

1. Does this happen in various places or around the same places/location?

If you're home when this happens, cut off everything you can do without, including your stereo equipment, television, other computers, monitors, ceiling fans, etc...... they sometimes will cause that, depending on your location, and at the same time, your computer can cause noise interference with your tv.

You could also very well have components in your computer that aren't shielded properly, and would cause this.

It could be your power supply causing this.

All in all, if mostly what you use is wireless (mouse, internet, keyboard, etc.), then you're more than likely to experience these problems.

Also check your sound card, and make sure that it's properly seated in the computer. Make sure the speakers and headphone wires don't have any shorts in them.

#5 LokiDucks

LokiDucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

I really only use wireless internet, but even with that disabled, i still get the noises. It happens everywhere, even outside with no other tech around.

Perhaps i'll just bring it to a computer shop and get someone to look it over. Cuz it's really bothering me a lot

#6 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

Is this something new, or has it always done this?
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users