Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bawls Energy Drink.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

My friends and I have heard of this awesome drink called bawls. Everyone says its awesome for lans which me and my friends have every so often. We can't find any in our town, but a target just opened and they're suppose to carry it in a couple months. So can anyone tell what it tastes like or what makes it so special? Here is the website: bawls.com
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

wow bawls taste awful :flowers: i cant stand the taste of guarana give me red bull anyday :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

I don't know what part of NY you're in but all the CompUsa stores in NY?NJ have it. I also see it in 'The Big drink Place' in Penn Station.
I never tried it you know it just may taste like .. :thumbsup: :flowers: ...
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

FACT: Apples wake you up better and keep you awake better than caffiene.

FACT: Caffiene causes health issues and Headaches/Migranes

FACT: Caffiene is addictive

Also the more you drink the more you will need to get to that high I would think.??

Just grab a apple and keep your health ha ha

Or just do what the rest of us do. When you are tired sleep.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 20 March 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#5 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

had one a couple years ago , lots of guarana, and caffiene . didn't taste bad but wasn't all that good either IIRC. I have better things to spend my money on.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:42 AM

Everyone says its awesome for lans

What on earth are 'lans'? I've never heard of a drink called bawls. The only bawls I know of are related to this: Posted Image

I find a nice brisk walk does a great job in waking me up. If that doesn't work, a sudden cold shower certainly does. I prefer the walk. I hate cold showers, even in summer.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

Lans are where kids or adults get together to play games. They bring there own pc and hook up to a network and play each other.

They can also do this online.

They drink these drinks constantly and dont eat(some) or drink anything else nor sleep sometimes for days which has caused some to die I think I heard of.

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

The bad thing about "energy" drinks is that it's a false energy...just a quick boost from the caffeine and whatnot in the drinks. It'll "pick you up" for a while....but then you'll crash hard.

Best thing for a lan party (or anytime that you have to stay awake for extended periods of time) is preparation. Get PLENTY of sleep and drink lots of water. Get a solid 8-10 hours of sleep, going to bed at a decent time (don't stay up late then sleep half the next day away) for 2 or 3 days before the lan party. Also, take a power nap before the party itself. Sleeping lots and a nap just before the party will help your body to cope with staying awake late (or all night), and will help to keep you awake during the wee hours of the night. Drinking water is just plain healthy....I always recommend it whether it's relevant or not! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#9 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

I would strongly advise against over-indulgence in caffeine. It can have extremely detrimental effects on one's body, some of which I am still getting over (after 6 months of NO caffeine).

I am with stevealmighty, drink plenty of water, snack lightly during play to keep your blood sugar up, and get plenty of sleep before hand. Often people are surprised by the output and hardiness of their natural bodies, rather than stimulant therapy. :thumbsup:

Edited by blueandgold04, 21 March 2007 - 10:31 AM.

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

I was just wondering if anyone's ever had it, because I hear it is so good. Really I'm just looking something tasty to drink. I normally just drink water at home, but I figure I would like a treat at lan parties. We usually only stay up to maybe 2 or 3 in the morning anyways.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#11 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to jump your #$$. It is just that what I am dealing with now after caffeine overload completely blows! When I was able to drink the stuff, I really liked Full Throttle, it tastes like sparkling lemonade.
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#12 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

Gatorade is good (empty calories though!), and there's always flavored water. Of course, for a real treat, you could always snag a big ol' bottle of your favorite soda :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

Before Bawls the was another health minded beverage called Jolt soda... I remember the advertising slogan was "All the sugar, and twice the caffeine" (of regular cola) ~ Jolt Cola. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#14 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

you can buy It here @ Xoxide.com along with Cocaine (the drink), Jolt Cola, Steven Segals Lightning Bolt, Pimp Juice, and Arizona's Green Tea Energy Drinks.

Most of these Taste Like Fecal Matter, so i stick to Red Bull, Monster/Lost, Sobe/No Fear, or Full Throttle. usually have about one a day around lunch

Posted Image

#15 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

Oh cool. I'm wondering that I might even like it though, because to me Red Bull tastes like pi$$ (whatever that tastes like :thumbsup: ), Monster is alright, but nothing I'd drink on a regular basis, and thats about all I've tried for energy drinks. Also with the bawls drink I think I remember it saying the gaurana is not as bad as regular caffeine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users