Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox to monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, so does anyone think it's possible to take pieces from my old pc(s) to get my xbox to run to my monitor? Im sure there's a lot easier ways, but this seems to be the most convenient.

So, got any ideas?

Edit
---------------------

Could it be done through usb as well????

Edit again
---------------------

This isn't a "how to" question, because I know how I could do it. It's a "can I do it with/like this" question. I wanted to see if I could do it or not, if it is possible(explained above). Like a project for when I get bored. Not for the soul purpose of getting my xbox to connect to my monitor.

Edited by Ataryu, 09 January 2005 - 09:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:35 AM

You can buy a video capture card. As long as the PC is running (working os and such), you can plug any video game system into the RCA jacks.

To expand on the idea, I have another computer that has a capture card. I have a coax from a cable box into a VCR coax in, and RCA going out to the capture card. I use the RCA inputs to hook up games to. Since the hardware is already configured, the capture card does not care that it is a video game or broadcast cable for that matter. You may wonder why use a VCR, right? It serves as a unit to plug more components in without having to reach in the back of the computer all the time. It also helps that anything you send to the computer, you can also record :thumbsup:
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:07 AM

Doesn't really answer my question, but thanx :thumbsup:

Edited by Ataryu, 09 January 2005 - 09:23 AM.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, so does anyone think it's possible to take pieces from my old pc(s) to get my xbox to run to my monitor? Im sure there's a lot easier ways, but this seems to be the most convenient.

---------------------

This isn't a "how to" question, because I know how I could do it. It's a "can I do it with/like this" question. I wanted to see if I could do it or not, if it is possible(explained above). Like a project for when I get bored. Not for the soul purpose of getting my xbox to connect to my monitor.

Is it possible? Probably, but you would need to know alot on how electronics and video equipment works. In reality, you would be building a VGA adaptor.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:20 AM

Yeah....

So...Anyone wanna be my tutor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users