Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most Computer Attacks Begin In U.S.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

The United States generates more malicious computer activity than any other country, and sophisticated hackers worldwide are banding together in highly efficient crime rings, according to a new report.By AP/JORDAN ROBERTSON Monday, Mar 19, 2007 ...Criminals may purchase verified credit card numbers for as little as $1, and they can buy a complete identity — a date of birth and U.S. bank account, credit card and government-issued identification numbers — for $14, according to Symantec's twice-yearly Internet Security Threat Report released Monday.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

:flowers:

We're number 1!

:thumbsup:

Oh, wait - maybe that's not such a good thing.

:trumpet:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

:flowers: :thumbsup:

Gee, a false and forged identity for $14, that's significantly less than what I pay for a decent pair of shoes. What a thing for a country to be known for.

Orange Blossom
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 halo32007

halo32007

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:08 AM

The U.S is really not as safe as people say....the internet here could be equivalent in chaos and violence as the Iraq war...at least no one dies though.

#5 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

And they say we need to import educated immigrants with H1-B Visas because there are no educated Americans. But wait! Just because these bugs came from America doesn't mean they came from Americans

It also occurs to me that brilliant American youngsters have nothing to do with their talents except to test their genius by creating these malicious codes. Somebody gave their jobs away to cheap overseas labor.
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users