Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counterstrike: Source

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

Anybody on here have this?

It's a quality game..

If a few people have it we could maybe create a BleepingComputer server and run a little league etc.

if thats possible?

What do you think or am i being silly?
B R A D F O R D C I T Y A F C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silly

silly

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

im down, pm me

#3 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

I thought more of you would have this game and would be up for a little server for the members on here.

#4 silly

silly

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

i dont like to have friends on steam though, do you have xfire?

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

Maybe I'll join if I'm not too busy, I'm more of a Condition Zero player. It'll be easier once I'm through with this semester of college and go on summer break.

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

I love the game, and have played it since HL2 came out. I played CS for years before that. But for one thing, I don't play CS S regularly anymore by any means. I hop on once in a while, most often with friends. Also I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days so I wouldn't promise to play on a regular basis. What time I do have for gaming is divided by other interests, such as Supreme Commander. I honestly haven't played one second of CS S since I got my copy of SupCom in late February.

Maybe I'll join if I'm not too busy, I'm more of a Condition Zero player.

Isn't CZ basically 1.6 with updated textures/models? My CS homies and I never bought it...we just went straight from 1.6 to Source. Honestly it felt like a way for Valve to make some extra bucks before HL2 came out; nothing more than another cd key for another 30 bucks, a bit like the way George Lucas re-releasing episodes 4, 5, and 6 in theaters to help fund the making of episode 1.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#7 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

Well....Can't say i didn't try :thumbsup:

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

Isn't CZ basically 1.6 with updated textures/models?

Not exactly, there's a little bit more than that. It has a different feel to playing it than playing 1.6. I'm not sure if it's the damage or the guns were tweaked or something, but it just feels really different to me if I go from playing CZ for a while and then go back to 1.6 suddenly.

#9 wba_dave

wba_dave

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:31 AM

I've got it aswell, just this week, but my pc is so slow that ive never really been able to get into it as i just get shot because i cant turn around fast enough and look around.
Anyone know how i could make the game play faster?

#10 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

it might be your graphics card....

Do you lag alot?

#11 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

Same thing is happening with me, but its weird cause I know for a fact theres malware thats lagging my whole PC. It seems my comp is processing (the system tray says nothing but normal like its supposed to) but the outside physical light that blinks when processing is ALWAYS lit. So I lag a bit on CS, not too bad though. It's Diablo 2 that REALLY lags when I play.

And on the CZ thing...The graphics are changed. Damage and whatever are the same, I'm pretty sure. I'm an avid CS player so I think I'm sure...

Interesting point is that CZ is the same game as the CS on the xbox version.

Also, I hate playing Source because when I play, my headshot percentage goes up about 40%. Every other kill is a headshot :\. The graphics just look nice, and its different to play from playing 1.6 all day, but the real competing is in 1.6.

<--Currently in a scrim clan, add me to steam/xfire if ya wanna play us*Grinler :thumbsup:

steam- Captfizz1121
xfire- tkd4life7

#12 wba_dave

wba_dave

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

dont have a clue lol, im not really that good on computers, i can follow instructions easily, but im just like :thumbsup: wen it comes to knowing what stuff is, my friend told me to get it as it was good so i did. Im buying more RAM as i only have 248 on my laptop. and a new processor i think. Hopefully then it should be faster, why would my graphics card make it slower tho, wouldnt it just mean that the graphics werent as gud?

#13 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well, before you buy it I highly recommend buying CS 1.6 first, or just buy the Counter-strike Anthology, which gives you CS 1.6, Day of Defeat, and Half Life Deathmatch. You can try all those games all for 20 USD and see if the game fits what you like. The problem with CS is that it's really competitive and some are turned off buy it. Especially if your a console gamer, I know a few who were Halo/Gears of War players and absolutely hated CS.

CS actually has recoil, and although it isn't realistic, it does add a new factor into the game. You can't "run and gun" like in Halo.

So yeah, before getting Source you should try CS 1.6.

And I think having a less better graphics card means the graphics aren't as great, I don't think it affects the gameplay as much. But still, playing Source with ugly graphics is just like CS 1.6 then, so yeah...

#14 wba_dave

wba_dave

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

I've already got it only cost me 10 so im not going to be really annoyed if i dont like it or i cant get it to work faster, but im obviously going to try and get it working at a high speed. I sometimes have a too high ping, its just generally really slow, i did the screen stress test or something like that and i gt about 9. i presume thats crap.

#15 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

The problem with the Counter-Strike community is that everybody feels that they are better than everybody else and if you can take them out, they complain which can lead to annoyances and getting banned from servers because people will think you're 'cheating'.

Yes, the difficult thing about Counter-Strike is getting used to each weapon and how they fire and how much recoil they have. It is very different compared to playing Halo, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

And like stated above, people try to play it competitively, so then everybody starts to compare themselves to others depending just on how long they've owned the game, which is pretty stupid if you ask me. While the game of Counter-Strike can be very fun, it's tainted by many of it's players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users