Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errordns.com Page Attempts To Open While Trying To Open Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gatorgraff

gatorgraff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:45 AM

My computer (OS Windows XP Home) has been running rather slow and recently I have not been able to access any internet sites. I have successfully connected to more than one wireless network and had 100% signal strength. When opening internet explorer, my preset homepage has disappeared and internet explorer is attempting to connect to errordns.com in the lower left corner of the window. The address bar remains blank. The explorer window then continues to constantly connect to errordns.com as if I were clicking Go on the right side of the address bar numerous times and overwhelming internet explorer. I am not able to access anything else which requires an internet connection, such as limewire or my AIM icon. I have attempted to change my homepage address in the internet connections options but the same repeating connection to errordns.com occurs. I do not have an up-to-date antivirus system currently. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:33 AM

Welcome to BC qatorgraff

start with checking for malware causes to your problem.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/]SuperAintiSpyware

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html]Bitdefender

#3 gatorgraff

gatorgraff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

Maybe I did not clearly define my problem. I am unable to access any website. I cannot install and run superantispyware because when I open internet explorer it automatically attempts to open errordns.com repeatedly. Can you please instruct me on how to use superantispyware with no access to the internet. Thanks

#4 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

Uh oh, good thing it isnt loading into the site... when i gooooooogled it... it came up almost dry. It had something with a list of sites saying Errordns.com and others and one even said something i heard of ErrorSafe! I know because my friend is dealing with it... im helpin him along the sidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users