Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spylocked Fails To Lock

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

A new rogue anti-spyware program has been released as of tonight called SpyLocked.This program is part of the family of other Zlob installed programs such as SpyDawn, SpywareQuake, and VirusBurst to name a few. When run these programs display fake and exaggerated infection results used to scare you into purchasing the commercial version of their software. Under no circumstances should you purchase this software. These programs are typically installed via the Zlob Trojan which masquerades as a fake audio or video codec. The Zlob Trojan is considered one of the most wide spread malware types so please be careful when downloading and installing new codecs. If you are unsure of what you are downloading, you can always ask us in the forum. A picture of the SpyLocked program can be found below.
If you are infected with this malware you can use our removal guide. The link is provided below.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

Those nasty, uncrupulous spylockers!

Be careful out there.

Thanks for the heads up.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:40 AM

All of those rogue anti-spyware have the same interface which is stupid of the hackers who made them :thumbsup:

#4 rycherulz

rycherulz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hi Folks,

Newbie poster here! Quick question.

My buddy infected himself with what appears to be the SpyLocked malware. He's not a computer expert, but can make his away around with a little input here and there.

I did a search based on what he told me last night, and came up with the Virus Burst removal instructions on this site. I downloaded the SmitRem.exe file and the RogueScan_setup.exe file, along with the removal instructions, and sent them to him via e-mail.

I just saw this post, and realize that VirusBurst and SpyLocked appear to be two separate pieces of malware but in the same family.

Will the Virus Burst version of the removal tool, SmitRem.exe, remove the SpyLocked malware, or do I need specifically the SmitFraudFix.exe file from the SpyLocked directions? I'm trying to avoid having to download and print out these instructions if the Virus Burst instructions work just as well.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

You should use the specific instructions for SpyLocked.

#6 rycherulz

rycherulz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

You should use the specific instructions for SpyLocked.

Yep. My buddy called right after I posted saying the VirusBlast tool didn't work.

Ran the SpyLocked one, and as if by magic, the laptop has been healed. Imagine that, following directions actually works. :thumbsup:

#7 tjconfused

tjconfused

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

I am new to this site and I have printed your instructions for removing Spylocked. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the positive outlook on what appears to me to be a confusing task.

#8 megslc

megslc

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

I got VirusBurst last Fall and it took a few weeks back and forth with Symantec, along with a few added $$, before they got me a fix which was from you. Then last Feb. I got Spydawn infection so I came straight here and got it removed in less than an hour. Now today I got the SpywareLocked and once again, your fix did the trick. :thumbsup: Thanks so much -- your Fix programs are awesome. :flowers: Now if I can just figure out why I keep getting these stupid bugs and why my VirusScan program doesn't pick up on this stuff. :trumpet:

#9 simonsunny

simonsunny

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:43 AM

A big Thank you for all you good people out there. I got delivered from this problem. couldn't have done with out you. I am still a beginner and your site is a blessing.

#10 bdog1963

bdog1963

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

Thanx so much bleeping computer for the smitfraudfix info. :thumbsup: :flowers: I was UNlocked in as matter of minutes. HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED !!!

#11 Umbrella

Umbrella

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:32 AM

Thank you for telling us about this :thumbsup:
--Even if I were reborn a thousand times it would not be enough to experience the world. Life is beautiful--

#12 SmitFraudIsWrong

SmitFraudIsWrong

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Cant download the SmitFraudFix...seems the link is broken :flowers: :thumbsup:

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

Follow the automated instructions here until it is back:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63896/how-to-remove-virusburst-removal-instructions/

#14 firelight

firelight

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

I just got infected with Spylocked and ActiveX Video today so I tried the automated SmitFraudFix method. At first, I thought the problem was solved - the icon in the taskbar disappeared, the toolbar that was installed with the spyware was also removed and I managed to get my homepage back, folders for both Spylocked and ActiveX Video that were in my Programme Files folder are gone, and when I open Add/Remove programmes on the control panel, I don't see either software in the list - so I can't see anything wrong.

But when I scan my computer with SpyHunter, it's still detecting the Zlob trojan in my registry. Now I'm not sure if I have a problem! :thumbsup: Can anyone please tell me what I should do about that? Many thanks.

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

It may be a harmless leftover entry.

Does it say what registry key it is seeing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users