Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are There Programs That Recovers Deleted/formatted Files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

I recently messed up my 250HD. I won't bore you with all the details. I ran a program called "Partition Table
Doctor 3.0
". I got it. I ran it and it seemed to find the missing "H" drive. I wasn't real sure what I was doing
(it was 4am & I was pissed off) I ran a thing called "fixboot". It looked like it was searching for
cluster & other things on my HD. After 3 hours it was still running. I quit it and rebooted. I could
see the H drive now. But no files were in it. Its a 250gig HD & it says I have 232 free space. But no
files are in there. I hope I didn't format the drive. The program definitely DID NOT SAY/Warn me of any
data loss. So I'm not sure if all the data (about 130gig cry-cry-cry) is gone forever or not.
-Any thoughts?
-Anyway to retrieve data?
I saw a lot of programs on CNet that claim to retrieve data form formatted HD.
-Can anyone recommend a program or solution?
Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

PC Inspector should do the trick

#3 yorocco7

yorocco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hey Fozzie! Thanks! I actually found a program called handy recovery 3. It seems to be working quite well. Its finding all kinds of files on my HD. Its been running about 2 hours now. Have you used PC inspector? Would you recommend me using it too after Handy has finished? What would have caused my HD to dissappear? ...Crap Handy rec. just crashed. I'm now using PC inspector. Its hard to tell if its working. There is no "hour glass like with Handy. Is there any status bar or something? I'm glad that at least I can see some of my files again. Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

TestDisk is a good program for recovering deleted/corrupted partitions, and is free.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

GetDataBack is a very good program for recovering deleted files, it isn't free but it does a very good job. You can download a trial and see what data it can recover, and then pay to apply for a key to get full functionality.
http://www.runtime.org/

Edited by arcman, 19 March 2007 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users