Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problems When Using Dvd/cd Burner *please Help!*

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpdecoux

jpdecoux

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

I've exhausted all the avenues of help I have available and none of which have worked. Here is the problem:

When using my DVD/CD Burner and ONLY when using it, any sound at all (streaming, mp3, wma, etc.) is slowed extremely and has a sort of metallic sound to it. The sound is similar to in The Matrix when Neo swallows the pill and it turns his throat metallic. I know that's a little geeky, but it's the only thing I can think of to describe the sound as. When I check my CPU performance while using the burner, it says my CPU usage is at 100%. This problem began a few months ago when I had a victorious bout against some nasty malware and spyware. Before this date, everything was fine! Is there any way at all that someone can give me some pointers as to what exactly is causing this problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

I suspect you have remnants of viruses and such still on your computer.

This is the strange part........ removing viruses and such can cause other problems on your computer, although you've taken care of the actual problem itself.

Run a few more scans on your computer, using at least 4+ different programs... you have virus scans, malware scans, adware scans, trojan scans, rootkit scans, spyware scans.. etc.

There are FREE programs of each category that you can use,..... and you can use more than one from each category.

If all else fails, post a HJT log in the HijackThis section of this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users