Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Graphics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 didleyde

didleyde

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi there!!!

Ok, so I was guided here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss...ocid=MIGR-50885

and unfortunately , I am unsure of which driver to download... My operating system is an Intel EMachine, model T1742, running on XP, please let me know if you need more information and as to which driver I require...

Thank you so much!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:59 PM

Hi didleyde.
Your link leads to the IBM site, not even close. :thumbsup:
Go here, click the + next to "downloads" near the bottom of the page. All the original drivers are there.
If you have reformated this system, download and install the chipset driver first
If all you need is just the video driver, indicated in your topic, self explanitory.

Edited by HitSquad, 19 March 2007 - 01:00 PM.

#3 didleyde

didleyde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

I haven't reformatted anything...I was continuously getting pop ups regarding the graphics card (hkcmd.exe) and how it will crash if I don't update it...so I clicked on something to prevent it from even starting up, however, I am unsure of how, what and where... Shall I download this anyway?

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

If you are not having any problems with your system display, don't bother.
If you want to download it and save it for possible use later, that's fine too.
"hkcmd.exe" is installed with your graphics driver and enables you to use HotKey shortcuts to access some of your graphics functions. It is not required and if you don't use the hotkey shortcuts, disabling it is best.
You can access the same functions via control panel if you need to. The same goes for "igfxtray", which puts the little shortcut icon to your graphics card settings on the taskbar. You should see both listed in msconfig or your startup folder.

Edited by HitSquad, 20 March 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#5 didleyde

didleyde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

I am still getting the message in regards to my graphics card and it keeps taking me to "Lenovo Support" and asking me to download the display driver...Why does this keep coming up? I've checked the actual driver and the version is: 6.13.1.3069

This is starting to become bothersome and wonder if you have any ideas as what to do next....

Thanks again

btw, I could have swore I disabled it from start up, but the error keeps returning...

Edited by didleyde, 29 March 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#6 didleyde

didleyde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

double checked to see if I've disabled hkcmd.exe and already have, I just disabled igfxtray - and its still asking me to download from Leveno...what's the deal here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users