Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Anti-virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 merthyrblue

merthyrblue

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

When i run AVG the following item appears in the infections box: ntoskrnl.ex change. Could someone please tell me what this is. Also how do i stop AVG from running automatically each time i boot up. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

Do you have the free version or paid for version?

#3 merthyrblue

merthyrblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:15 AM

I have the free version?

#4 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:37 AM

I think you probably mean how to stop it scanning on Startup? It would be a bad idea not to have it resident. To stop it scanning, double click the icon in the task bar (Or start AVG from the menu, if you have no icon) Right click the scheduler and then scheduled tasks. Then "Edit" the schedule as you wish.

There are many valid reasons for files to show changed, a Windows update, file system check that replaced them if corrupted, and others. As long as AVG doesn't say they are infected it is ok.
If you installed updates recently or installed other applications that can change the System files a bit, so it is normal. There was an update a few days ago that DID update that file, so you're ok. It had to do w/ fixing issues related to the TZ (time zone) environment variable.
You could also have a look at Grisoft's page and see if there is a later version for download of AvgFree.

Edited by uhaligani, 19 March 2007 - 04:39 AM.

#5 merthyrblue

merthyrblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:46 AM

All sorted. Thanks mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users