Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Burner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ken1935

ken1935

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

When I try to burn a dvd it won't work. Where do I look to make sure I have that in my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

Your question isn't very clear, but if you are asking where to find out if you have a DVD burn opposed to a DVD-ROM you should be able to tell by looking at the front of the drive. It will usually be labeled as a DVD-RW or DVD-ROM.

If you want to know exactly what you have try downloading Everest Home Edition, this is a free utility which will show the make, model, and whether it is a ROM or RW.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:01 AM

Also, Windows XP doesn't burn DVD's natively, you need a DVD buring program like Nero to do it.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:16 AM

Please download SIW
SIW is a System Information tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings. A utility that includes detailed specs for Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, Devices, Memory, Video, Drives, Ports, Printers. It displays information about Operating System, Installed Programs, Processes, Services, Product Key (CD key), Serial Numbers, Users, Open Files, System uptime, Users, Network, Network Shares, and more, as well as real-time monitors for CPU, Memory, Page File usage and network traffic. SIW also displays currently active network connections, Passwords hidden behind asterisks, installed codecs, and more. A standalone tool that does not require installation.

Please post back what you find there and we take it from there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users