Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Old Microsoft(not Really) Anyone Tried Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

So I got a chance to try vista premium today.

Graphics arent so neat. Dont like the black.

So what if the outer rim of pages is clear. I can do that with xp too!

Um....

Stupid "Do you want to do this, are you sure, are you really sure?" is annoying.

New security big deal. It wont be secure for long anyways if thats the reason you want to upgrade.

All the new bars and such make it harder to navigate than help it seems. I dont like the stupid hibernate+sleep. In order to use hibernate you have to turn off sleep which I could not figure out.

Seems like it took forever to load!Used on a 1.6 core duo.

I wont be upgrading any time soon unless it comes with a new pc....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

I have not tried Vista, nor do I have any desire to. I have heard it is a resource hog (that's probably why it took so long to load), and it seems like a new security hole pops up every day. My computer is less than a year old, and it works just fine; I don't want to turn on hell installing Vista.

FYI, I like black, so that would be no problem for me! :thumbsup:

#3 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

I have tried it.....its nothing special. Just another way to make your computer more susceptable to security flaws. I dont plan to upgrade, and like rms4evr said, I just got done making my computer 'secure' with XP, I dont need to start all over again. :thumbsup:

Besides the new computer I just got done building wont support Vista....imagine that! :flowers:

-Nick

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

There are two major areas of "improvement:" enhanced display/GUI, and a lot of security features. What MS failed to provide was a new file system to replace the older versions, or any critically new and compelling features (unless you consider the security features critical).
The other side of the story is that there does exist, as with any new versions of Windows, compatibility issues with some applications (certain ISP software, for example), and so on.
Almost all businesses are taking a wait and see approach to upgrading, and will certainly wait until---at least---SP1 is released for Vista. We have several computers at work loaded, and are spending a lot of time testing them with the various applications and mainframe programmes we use. I have not been so impressed with Vista that I want to run out and buy it and be a Beta tester for MS.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 19 March 2007 - 08:24 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Well I dont see what the big deal was in even making a new OS.

Xp is fine for everyone. I guess Bill wanted a few more billions this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users