Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Type Of Malware Is Still Affecting My Computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mm2003

mm2003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

A couple of weeks ag0, got hit with something that disrupted my internet connection and was systematiccalt sabotaging everything on my computer. I found a folder and text file on my computer that, when I printed it out was a 37 page list of all the things it was doing. I deleted it, but it kept regenerating itself. My virus program didn't detect it. I ran some spyware scans, which seemed to help. But there's still problems. For example, my wireless card keeps getting disabled, and the onl way to get it working again is to delete and reinstall it, but that only works for a couple of days.
I ran Hijack This and have attached the log. Let me know if you spot anything.
Thanks
mm2003Attached File  HJT_Log.txt   10.18KB   23 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Whisperer

Whisperer

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:43 AM

Hi mm2003 and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums. My name is Whisperer and I will be helping you with your problem. I am currently a Trainee in Malware removal and, as such, ALL of my fixes will be checked by malware experts. I am sorry for the delay in answering your problem but things are pretty hectic in the anti-malware world. If you still need help then please read on.

If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions and then post a new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log

To assist me in any cleanup, I would like you to produce a list of installed programs.
  • To do this open your HijackThis
    • Click on Open the Misc Tools section or Config… button, depending on how you are set up.
    • If you used the Config... option then click the Misc Tools tab
    • Select Open Uninstall Manager , a list of your installed programs will be displayed.
    • Select the Save List… button and save the file to your desktop.
  • Please post in your reply.
    • A copy of this list
    • An up-to-date HijackThis log, please post direct to the thread
    • Please also advise the names of the mysterious folder and file and any further information
GT :thumbsup:

#3 illukka

illukka

retar.. erm retired!

• Security Colleague
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

due to lack of feedback to a helper--> this topic is now closed
to get it reopened PM a staff member with the address of this thread.
this applies to the topic starter only, everyone else with similar problems start a new topic.

thank you Whisperer :thumbsup:
To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth

a retired malware fighter/teacher/advisor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users