and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums.
My name is Whisperer
and I will be helping you with your problem. I am currently a Trainee in Malware removal and, as such, ALL
of my fixes will be checked by malware experts. I am sorry for the delay in answering your problem but things are pretty hectic in the anti-malware world. If you still need help then please read on.
If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions and then post a new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log
To assist me in any cleanup, I would like you to produce a list of installed programs.
- To do this open your HijackThis
- Click on Open the Misc Tools section or Config… button, depending on how you are set up.
- If you used the Config... option then click the Misc Tools tab
- Select Open Uninstall Manager , a list of your installed programs will be displayed.
- Select the Save List… button and save the file to your desktop.
- Please post in your reply.
- A copy of this list
- An up-to-date HijackThis log, please post direct to the thread
- Please also advise the names of the mysterious folder and file and any further information