Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Microsofts Onecare Scan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Howdy,

I just ran a scan using Microsoft's OneCare Scan program. After the scan the final results came up on this screen.

Posted Image

I was wondering why there are errors in the registry section and why all the temporary files and other files could not be cleaned or compressed.

Could someone please decipher this information for me ?

Thank You for your time !

Dennis :thumbsup:

Edited by Dennis H, 18 March 2007 - 02:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:19 AM

dennis,
i can't answer your questions, but i can give advice. that programme is a dismal programme. i read something somewhere about it deleting files in outlook express, they "fixed" the problem, and they deleted the files again. it also didn't detect and remove well. stick with the programmes that you know are good and reputable. maybe that programme has potential, but it's not there yet. they need to fix the bugs.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:47 AM

The registry items it found are probably old registry entries left over by programs you have uninstalled.

The temp files that were not removed could be the Microsoft Office installation files. The Onecare scan will not remove these files by default.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Dennis :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic