Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp shutdown problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thelame_O

thelame_O

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:45 PM

hello,

i believe this forum is most suited for my question, hopefully. alright, well for a few months now, my computer has required that i select the shutdown menu and "turn off" twice before my computer will actually shut itself off. i have noticed that it also takes a longer amount of time than it used to before it actually shuts off, as well.

the first time i shut it off, nothing happens and the second time actually turns the machine off. i actively run anti-virus programs and several spyware removal programs. according to their read outs, i only have the cws awebfind.biz hijacker and despite numerous "removals'' of said hijacker, it always comes back immediately. perhaps i will post a hijackthis log in the other forum, if necessary.

thanks for any help you all can provide

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

Yes, please post a HJT log, not Lame_O,
malware that refuses to surrender?
we have "our ways" to try to persuade them otherwise. :thumbsup:

Read this, it will help you posting a HijackThis Log for analysis. Thanks for the explanation of the problem.
It helps us narrow it down a bit. :trumpet:

Just post it in the "other forum" & we can merge this post with it when you do.
Tutorial covers where to post. :flowers:

Edited by phawgg, 08 January 2005 - 09:29 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 thelame_O

thelame_O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:45 PM

thanks phawgg, i have already added my HJT log in the proper forum. let's see what we can do about this problem, hmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users