Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Categories In Your Nvidia Control Panel?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

After I installed the updated vid drivers for my 7600 GTs on an SLi system, I'd get the usual balloon that pops up in the system tray that tells me to click on it to enable SLi.

Well, I do, and I'm surprised to see only 2 categories listed in my NVIDIA Control Panel. Needless to say, I was a bit alarmed, but the computer seemed to be functioning just fine and I remembered to disable anti-virus and the firewall to ensure a proper installation.

Found a quick way around that cumbersome control panel.

1. Right-click on your desktop wallpaper and click on "Properties"

2. Click on the Settings tab

3. Click on the Advanced button.

4. Click on your video card tab (says GeForce 7600 GT or whatever model it is you have)

5. On the left side, at the bottom, click on where it says "Control Panel User Interface"

6. Click on the "Classic NVIDIA Control Panel" and click on the Apply button.

You'll then notice that all the categories that were in the newer interface but perhaps a few were missing are now all there in the Classic interface. If you got SLi, you can enable it there. I've had no problems with using the Classic interface.

What a shame. First nTune is a piece of garbage responsible for whacking my BIOS into orbit, and now this. They're kind of making me wonder if I should've gone for an ASUS Crossfire mobo and ATI cards instead. I hope they pull it together.

Hope this helps anyone who's running into that problem
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:41 AM

thanks for the feedback

Edited by fozzie, 01 April 2007 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users