Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Pop06apelt/thiselt.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 csberti

csberti

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

For a few months every time I run any major software it makes my CPU go to 100%. Then AVG the other day picked up TrojanHorse Generic Downloader and it erased AVG and a few other files. I reloaded AVG and this week it did it again. Within 30 min. it spread to 5 or 6 files that AVG picked up. I ended up dumping AVG since it seemed to be a target tried 3 online virus scanners and Kaspersky 30 day trial. They have picked up some of the viruses, but SWATIT picked up thiselt.exe and nothing else finds it. Also my explorer.exe file is continuously being changed according to Kasp. firewall. I did all that is asked in prep. for hijackthis, but when I tried to update microsoft windows updates I couldn't. I noticed that it hasn't updated for about 18 months. Yes, I'm dumb, it's always been on automatic update and I've just assumed it updates. So I couldn't update anything. I tried fix this according to an article on castlecops by doing a backup of my regedit, but when it came to typing "cmd" in the "run" it just asks how to open this? I thought dos was supposed to open it? I don't quite understand. So afetr several hours of this I thought I would just forward the highjackthis file and see if I can get some help. Thanks.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 4:45:00 PM, on 3/17/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Adware & Virus\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {96531280-b4e6-467a-bfe2-9d4c00053997} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\kbdime.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pop06apelt] C:\WINDOWS\thiselt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1.0\adialhk.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: kbdime - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbdime.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
End of file - 4965 bytes

Thanks for everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis forum csberti :thumbsup:

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune:
http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Click 'Select All' found at the bottom of the list.
Click the 'Empty Selected' button.

If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
Click Firefox at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.
NOTE:
If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser,do this also:
Click Opera at the top and choose 'Select All' from the list.
NOTE:
If you would like to keep your saved passwords,please click 'No' at the prompt.

Click 'Exit' on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
When VundoFix re-opens,click the "Scan for Vundo" button.
Once it's done scanning,click the "Remove Vundo" button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click "YES".
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed,it will prompt that it will reboot your computer,click "OK".
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt into your next reply,along with a new Hijackthis log please.

Note:
It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case,VundoFix will run on reboot,simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

Thankyou for the reply! Vundofix did not find anything.

Scan saved at 8:27:07 PM, on 3/18/2007

Running processes:
C:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Adware & Virus\HiJackThis_v2.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {96531280-b4e6-467a-bfe2-9d4c00053997} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\kbdime.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
End of file - 5091 bytes

#4 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

By the way - should I have turned off all my antivirus stuff and then ran hijack this or does it matter?

#5 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

By the way - should I have turned off all my antivirus stuff and then ran hijack this or does it matter?

Don't be concerned,it's not necessary to do that before running Hijackthis :thumbsup:

Download Killbox by Option^Explicit:
http://www.killbox.net/downloads/KillBox.exe
Save it to your desktop.
Please double-click Killbox.exe to run it.
Select: 'Delete on Reboot'.
Then Click on the 'All Files' button.
Please copy ALL the file paths in the quote box below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbdime.dll
C:\WINDOWS\thiselt.exe

Return to Killbox,go to the File menu,and choose 'Paste from Clipboard'.
Click the red-and-white Delete File button.
Click 'Yes' at the 'Delete on Reboot' prompt.
Click OK at any 'PendingFileRenameOperations' prompt.
If your computer does not restart automatically,please restart it manually.

Download/install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.

Please follow these instructions very carefully.

Launch/start up AVG Anti-Spyware.
On the main page click the 'Update' tab,and then 'Start Update'.
Note:
If you have any problems running the update process prior to running the scan,download/install the 'Full Database' from here:
http://download.ewido.net/avgas-signatures-full-current.exe

Once the updates have been installed,do the following:
Select the 'Scanner' icon at the top of the screen, then select the 'Settings' tab.
Once in the 'Settings' screen,under 'How to act?',then under 'Set default action for detected malware to:', click on 'Recommended actions',then click on 'Quarantine'.
Under 'Reports' select 'Automatically generate report after every scan' and unselect 'Only if threats were found'.
Exit AVG Anti-Spyware,don't run the scan just yet.

You might want to print/copy the following as you need to be in Safe Mode from here on.

Reboot your computer into SAFE MODE using the F8 method.
To do this,restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly.
A menu will appear with several options.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Have Hijack This fix the following [If still present], by placing a check in the appropriate boxes and selecting 'Fix checked'.
Make sure all browser and all Windows Explorer windows are closed before fixing:

Still in Safe Mode launch AVG Anti-Spyware.
Click the 'Scanner' icon at the top.
To start the scan click on 'Complete System Scan'.
Please be patient,it takes a while for the scan to finish.

Once the scan is complete,do the following.
If AVG Anti-Spyware detected any infected objects:,click on 'Apply All Actions'.

Next click on 'Save Report'.
Copy and paste that report into your next reply.
The report can be found under the 'Reports' tab at the top.
Close AVG Anti-Spyware when you've done.
Reboot normally.

Post the AVG Anti Spyware report and a new Hijackthis log into your next reply.
Let me know how your pc is running now please.

Edited by RichieUK, 19 March 2007 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hi, when I ran killbox it said "pendingFileNameOperationsRigistryData has been removed by external process." So maybe with "super antispyware free edtion" I downloaded last night took care of it? But then it shows up in the highjack this log. Also in the kaspersky network traffic monitor I keep having Driver/PS2 consttantly popping up as a "key logger?" - IEXPLORER keeps saying "attempt to load a new or modified module" - and winlogon.exe keeps attempting to access other files and C:\WINDOWS\system32\alg.exe Attempt to run process as a child of C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (PID: 700). Is any of this normal? Thanks again for your time.

AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 3:55:02 PM 3/20/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Cookies\hp_administrator@real[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Real : No action taken.

::Report end
- This says no action taken, but i copied the report before I hit the "recommended actions."

Scan saved at 4:03:47 PM, on 3/20/2007

Running processes:
C:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

--
End of file - 4860 bytes

Thanks Again

#7 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Please download Combofix and save to the desktop:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
Note:
It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop

Close any open browsers.
Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When it's finished it will produce a log.
Post the C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running.
That may cause the program to freeze/hang.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:16 AM

Here you go. kaspersky monitor kept asking to block or allow it, so it paused a couple times waiting for a reply - so hopefully that didn't affect anything.

"HP_Administrator" - 07-03-20 23:49:57 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 07-03-21.3 - Running from: "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop"

/wow section not completed - STAGE #6D
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bszip.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-02-21 to 2007-03-21 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-03-20 01:38 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\ORUN32.EXE
2007-03-20 01:37 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMMGR32.EXE
2007-03-20 01:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-03-20 01:26 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2007-03-20 01:26 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-03-18 20:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2007-03-17 23:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\TrojanHunter
2007-03-17 22:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-03-17 22:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6
2007-03-17 12:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan
2007-03-17 12:09 178,408 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
2007-03-16 23:55 75,932 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\klick.dat
2007-03-16 23:55 74,396 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\klin.dat
2007-03-16 23:54 619,296 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox2.dat
2007-03-16 23:54 4,316,960 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat
2007-03-16 23:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab
2007-03-16 23:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Kaspersky Lab
2007-03-16 23:50 <DIR> d-------- C:\kav
2007-03-16 23:45 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8
2007-03-16 15:08 27,346 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrp.exe
2007-03-16 15:03 8,535 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnnljk.dll
2007-03-16 01:12 76,560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2007-03-16 01:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\.housecall6.6
2007-03-15 01:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\speech
2007-03-15 00:40 646,392 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys
2007-03-14 23:08 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-03-14 22:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Uniblue
2007-03-14 22:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\Uniblue
2007-03-14 16:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Swat It Professional
2007-03-14 15:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\DVDFab Decrypter 3
2007-03-14 13:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\1Click DVD Copy
2007-03-06 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\bak
2007-03-06 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\bak

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-03-20 01:38 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\print workshop 2003 limited edition
2007-03-20 01:37 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\intellimover data transfer demo
2007-03-17 13:37 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\messenger
2007-03-17 12:43 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\torrent episode downloader
2007-03-17 12:42 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\peerguardian2
2007-03-17 12:42 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\limewire
2007-03-15 16:06 8224 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\gdipfontcachev1.dat
2007-03-14 23:03 87608 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\ezpinst.exe
2007-03-14 23:03 7824 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\pcouffin.cat
2007-03-14 23:03 55 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\pcouffin.log
2007-03-14 23:03 47360 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\pcouffin.sys
2007-03-14 23:03 1144 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\pcouffin.inf
2007-03-14 23:03 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\vso
2007-03-14 14:36 737280 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\iun6002.exe
2007-03-14 14:09 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\dvdfab decrypter3
2007-03-14 13:36 47360 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pcouffin.sys
2007-03-07 08:57 201 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\g-force prefs (windowsmediaplayer).txt
2007-03-06 17:29 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\quicktime
2007-03-03 22:35 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\e-sword
2007-03-03 18:46 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\u3
2007-02-27 09:49 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\dvdfab platinum 3
2007-02-08 17:25 4936 --a------ C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\wklnhst.dat
2007-02-08 10:54 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\google
2007-02-08 10:49 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\divx
2007-01-29 23:04 200768 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
2007-01-25 19:27 109848 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kl1.sys
2007-01-25 00:45 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\limewire
2007-01-24 20:04 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\divx
2007-01-22 23:40 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\participatory culture foundation
2007-01-21 00:00 -------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\webcompiler3
2007-01-12 17:08 109568 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\pxinsi64.exe

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"MSMSGS"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe\" /background"
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="C:\\Program Files\\SUPERAntiSpyware\\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"AVP"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Kaspersky Lab\\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\\avp.exe\""
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"SpySweeper"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Webroot\\Spy Sweeper\\SpySweeper.exe\" /startintray"
"SMSERIAL"="sm56hlpr.exe"
"PCDrProfiler"=""
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NeroCheck.exe"
"LSBWatcher"="c:\\hp\\drivers\\hplsbwatcher\\lsburnwatcher.exe"
"ehTray"="C:\\WINDOWS\\ehome\\ehtray.exe"
"THGuard"="\"C:\\Program Files\\TrojanHunter 4.6\\THGuard.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"appinit_dlls"="C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1.0\adialhk.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5"
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"=hex(2):43,3a,5c,57,49,4e,44,4f,57,53,5c,52,65,73,6f,75,72,\
63,65,73,5c,54,68,65,6d,65,73,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,2e,\
6d,73,73,74,79,6c,65,73,00
"InstallTheme"=hex(2):43,3a,5c,57,49,4e,44,4f,57,53,5c,52,65,73,6f,75,72,63,65,\
73,5c,54,68,65,6d,65,73,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,2e,74,68,65,6d,65,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
"NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost]
HTTPFilter REG_MULTI_SZ HTTPFilter\0\0
LocalService REG_MULTI_SZ Alerter\0WebClient\0LmHosts\0RemoteRegistry\0upnphost\0SSDPSRV\0\0
NetworkService REG_MULTI_SZ DnsCache\0\0
DcomLaunch REG_MULTI_SZ DcomLaunch\0TermService\0\0
rpcss REG_MULTI_SZ RpcSs\0\0
imgsvc REG_MULTI_SZ StiSvc\0\0
termsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ TermService\0\0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\D]
Shell\AutoRun\command C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.EXE Shell32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL Info.exe protect.ed 480 480

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\{41683a67-d2d3-11db-a430-0013d4c0d7d3}]
Shell\AutoRun\command J:\setup.exe

catchme 0.2 W2K/XP/Vista - userland rootkit detector by Gmer, 17 October 2006
http://www.gmer.net

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 07-03-21 0:06:11

#9 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:42 AM

Download Avenger from the link below:
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/avenger.zip
Unzip/extract it to your desktop.

Start up Avenger.
Check the 'Input script manually' option.
Click the Magnifying Glass icon.
In the box that opens,copy and paste ALL the following bold blue text in the Quote box below:

Files to delete:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnnljk.dll

Then click on 'Done'.
Click the Traffic Light icon to start the program.
Then press OK at the prompts to reboot your PC.

Post the Avenger output.txt, which you can find at C:\Avenger\.txt into your next reply.
Also post a new Hijackthis log please.
Let me know how your pc is running now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

Here you go. From what little time I've had to ckeck it out things seem to be ok. I did run a couple programs like dvdfab and dvd shrink which both took 100% cpu - that I don't understand. Otherwise I ran ad-aware, trojanhunter, & super antispyware all at the same time and I was still able to surf - so that was good. Let me know what you think.
Thanks again.

Logfile of The Avenger version 1, by Swandog46
Running from registry key:
\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\npvaumrt

Script file located at: \??\C:\Documents and Settings\hfcmbrnp.txt
Script file opened successfully.

Script file read successfully

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrp.exe deleted successfully.
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnnljk.dll deleted successfully.

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

Scan saved at 3:31:43 PM, on 3/21/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

--
End of file - 4889 bytes

#11 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:08 AM

I forgot to tell you that I still can't download microsoft updates - so i don't know if this is virus related - did my registry get messed up somehow by a virus?

#12 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:39 AM

Download/install Dial-a-Fix from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...ial-a-fix.shtml
Launch the program,place a check in the box:
'Fix Windows Update'.
Then click on 'GO'.
Make sure you then press:
'Flush SoftwareDistribution'.
Then restart your pc,let me know what happens please.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi, everything seemed to be going well, I updated several updates after I did what you said, and then after downloading some of them I was prompted to restart and so I did and now I can't get back online unless I'm in safemode. I'll post my recent highjack this log and hopefully you can tell me what happened. Also startups seem to take alot longer and I was wondering how to get rid of some of the programs that start at startup - if thats the problem. Thanks again.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:12:58 PM, on 3/22/2007
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\GetFlash.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)

#14 csberti

csberti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

I forgot. When I click IE to go online I get this error: "ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm..."

#15 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

Click on Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs and remove/uninstall IE7,then restart your pc.
Do you have the same issue with IE6!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users