Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Rid Of Adverts In Favorites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zen

zen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:18 AM

Hi there,
hoping theres someone out there thats had the same problem as me, adverts under the name of CID as found there way onto my favorites. Right clicked to delete them and tool bar comes up in a box, won't delete. When I'm on line the adverts just keep poping up, any ideas out there.

(Moderator edit: topic moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 17 March 2007 - 07:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users.
Download and scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06. Setup & Configure as shown here.
Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4. Setup & Configure as shown here - (do not choose the option to install TeaTimer)

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.) Be sure to print out and follow the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions.

Then perform this online Virus scan: Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]

Post back if your still having problems afterwards.

Edited by quietman7, 17 March 2007 - 10:28 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

I think you have a lop infection.

Please Download NoLop to your desktop from the below...
http://www.spywareedge.net/nolop/NoLop.exe

First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot
Double click NoLop.exe to run it
Now click the button labelled "Search and Destroy"
<>
When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected, Click OK
Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
The tool may not remove all of the Lop infection. Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This forum by following the instructions in the link below. Do not post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users