Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harley84

harley84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

i will be checking my e-mail and go to my tools to delete cookies and my computer freezes dont know what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

Don't do them at the same time.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

You can follow these suggestions.

http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/

#4 nailerpa

nailerpa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

Try running the Disk Cleanup tool (Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools). It's possible that you have a ton of Temporary Internet files that need to be deleted. It's also possible that there is a corrupt file within the Temporary Internet files that's causing the freeze up. To prevent future buildup of Temporary Internet files, go into Tools, Internet Options in Internet Exploer. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll near the bottom of the options. Put a check mark in the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users