Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The ads here are tailored to the post subject

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

LOL I just noticed that the ads at the top of the page are tailored to the subject of the post. The CPU post has ads for AMD Processors, my cable post has cable ads and the laptop battery post has battery ads. Kinda cool

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

You are the first person that actually mentioned this. Maybe you are the first person that I have noticed :flowers:

It also works when you type things in and do the preview post. Try it with a variety of keywords and test it out for yourself. I remember when I was looking around for a few questions on other posts and actually found the answers this way. Almost in a Google sort of way :thumbsup:
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:33 PM

Well the ads are by Google so I guess in a way it is a Google search.

No complaint about it mind ya I just found it interesting. Like ya say you might even find the answer to the question thru one of the ads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users