Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Mixer Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lones

lones

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:49 PM

Hi,

I recently installed windows xp sp2. The audio is not working at all. Can anyone please tell me where to find an audio mixer for the pci device?

Many thanks
Lones

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:00 AM

Hi lones, welcome to BC.
You need the correct audio drivers. These are hardware specific.
If this is a pre-built system, and I have a feeling it is, please post make and model #.

#3 lones

lones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:46 AM

Hey There

Thanks for replying - this site is great! I have looked around and found other similar problems - but none of the answers seem to work. Everything in device manager is enabled... just says no audio device. There was a ? next to this pci device thing though - so thought that may be the problem...

I am so computer illiterate I can hardly find the on button. Where would I find the make and model? HP Pavillion a1024a, Intel Pentium 4?

Or - should I go and look in the DOS screen thing...

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

Download this tool. It'll tell you all you want to know about your computer, and some.

EVEREST Home Edition
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...e-Edition.shtml
EVEREST Home Edition is a free system diagnostics, system information and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. If you don't know what type of video card you have, or anything else about your computer, then you'll need this.

Where you see the question mark, you can safely delete it from the list, and just reboot, and hopefully Windows will install the drivers for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users