Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Merijin Sold Hijackthis To Trendmicro.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HIPPO1023

HIPPO1023

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

Merijin sold HijackThis to TrendMicro.

As some of you might have seen several IT news websites are offering Trend Micro HijackThis 2.00 beta. An official statement will be posted on their website soon, but since this is a public beta of theirs I figured it'd be best if I answered the question I'm going to get asked a lot, right now.
This is not fake, I sold HijackThis to TrendMicro. Their product incorporates all changes, updates and fixes that I was planning on adding in the v1.99.2 release. I made sure of that and I hope no one will be disappointed with it.
While TrendMicro does not officially support HijackThis yet, I expect they will once it goes final.

Please refer to this topic.
New site of TrendMicro's HijackThis is this.

I tried new TrendMicro's HijackThis.

1/
A header is changed to:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 10:35:30, on 2007/03/17
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

2/
Run Key of all user was displayed at O4 section
e.g.

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe (User 'Default user')

3/
Revived O22 section.
e.g.

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

Mod Edit: Links to the HijackThis Auto-Analysis sites were removed. HijackThis Auto-Analyzers are notorious for giving misleading, and downright dangerous results, which could lead to rendering your Operating System inoperable. If you need HijackThis, then you need someone who is properly trained in it's use. When you generate a HJT log, submit it to a forum that has trained HJT experts. They will walk you through the techniques to properly remove any malicious programs, from your computer.

Edited by tg1911, 18 March 2007 - 11:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

This version of HijackThis is a Beta.
It's still in development, and as such, has not had all of the bugs worked out, yet.
There are parts of the program, that the experts here, at Bleeping Computer, find objectionable, and feel could potentially cause an inexperienced user to hose their Operating System.
This program should not be used under any circumstance, unless asked to do so by a HijackThis expert.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users