Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Raed Tihs?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs tehn say YAEH and gvie yuor biarn a hgih fvie!

tihs is petrty cool!

HOW AAZIMNG ARE WE? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

I colud pefreclty raed the all tnihg n2n3. :flowers:
You are qitue rgiht as awlyas. :thumbsup:
Raergds,
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

I gave my brain a 'high five'. OUCH!
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

gave me a headache but I got it

Posted Image

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:57 PM

Yep this has been going around for years but this one is a little different. So amazing!

I might can read this way faster than the other way(normal spelling) because I cant focus on the spelling to sound out the word.

Maybe...I stumbled on a new way to speed read just mix your words spelling up!

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

"Can You Raed Tihs?"

Uh,

no, I can't.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:29 PM

I think it works best when the reader is very familiar with the words used in the text. The reader predicts what's coming next and as long as a few letters are there for a clue, the brain will tell you what it is. However, if the vocabulary is unknown or the subject unknown then the reader is at a loss.

How many of you can read this?

Uce teh wirp si un the beoam, iset te leise stiuks n eatihre sope af the fghire eihet kitos yu tip. Fsaten aceh onk ig shi lash stckis theyher wth akalge lopo. Ctoakl thegifre egt kntos, sleid tje laseh steeces froqald nhnf hm forum e U-cre lupes pnhlnig frun the csll. Fra heririg-bno eace, tearead teh yren n orodr trugh hsafht inhe flloeng otdr. Theun narst the wabr's vrch od nobr ne. On, wto, dre, gor, teree, wot, ne, wi, ther, fru utl u haev teraded ll t uron troguh teh sgahtes.

Orange Blossom
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

I think it works best when the reader is very familiar with the words used in the text. The reader predicts what's coming next and as long as a few letters are there for a clue, the brain will tell you what it is. However, if the vocabulary is unknown or the subject unknown then the reader is at a loss.

How many of you can read this?

Uce teh wirp si un the beoam, iset te leise stiuks n eatihre sope af the fghire eihet kitos yu tip. Fsaten aceh onk ig shi lash stckis theyher wth akalge lopo. Ctoakl thegifre egt kntos, sleid tje laseh steeces froqald nhnf hm forum e U-cre lupes pnhlnig frun the csll. Fra heririg-bno eace, tearead teh yren n orodr trugh hsafht inhe flloeng otdr. Theun narst the wabr's vrch od nobr ne. On, wto, dre, gor, teree, wot, ne, wi, ther, fru utl u haev teraded ll t uron troguh teh sgahtes.

Orange Blossom

Yes OB, your point is clearly displayed by your example :thumbsup: . Its incredible how jumbled up letters can be so confusing, as shown by your example and then by comparrison, if the simplest of rules are added, like the topic point at the beginning states:

aoccdrnig to rseraech at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

Change any letter except for the first and the last, we are able to then understand what is written much more easily simply because of the processes our brains use in order to interpret what is written, :flowers:

I think the difficulty experienced in reading your example where the words are ALL jumbled without using the rule stated in the first example, helps to prove these findings :trumpet: .

Edited by nn23, 18 March 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#9 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

"Can You Raed Tihs?"

Uh,

no, I can't.

:flowers:

:thumbsup: Glad you were able to answer the question.

#10 Joe_Brett

Joe_Brett

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

Aye...that is good, the brain is quite amazing really isn't it!
B R A D F O R D C I T Y A F C

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

"Uce teh wirp si un the beoam, iset te leise stiuks n eatihre sope af the fghire eihet kitos yu tip. Fsaten aceh onk ig shi lash stckis theyher wth akalge lopo. Ctoakl thegifre egt kntos, sleid tje laseh steeces froqald nhnf hm forum e U-cre lupes pnhlnig frun the csll. Fra heririg-bno eace, tearead teh yren n orodr trugh hsafht inhe flloeng otdr. Theun narst the wabr's vrch od nobr ne. On, wto, dre, gor, teree, wot, ne, wi, ther, fru utl u haev teraded ll t uron troguh teh sgahtes."

Is it even in english?

#12 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

I know its mad isnt it ha ha :trumpet: I'm interested to know what it does say, and then scramble it up using the "all letters scrambled except the first and last" rule and see the comparison :flowers:

LOVE IT!! :thumbsup:

Edited by nn23, 18 March 2007 - 03:47 PM.

#13 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

:thumbsup: that was easy as, which proves what you said is 100% true. Good on you nn23!
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

Thats not right.It must be german or something so no wonder we cant read it.

If you do the first and last letter rule these words can never make sense:

"wto, dre, gor" And so on in that paragraph posted above.

#15 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

:trumpet: Posted Image :inlove:

Posted ImageNICE ONE Posted ImageCowsgonemaddPosted Image

Posted Image

:thumbsup: that was easy as, which proves what you said is 100% true. Good on you nn23!

CHEERS Posted ImageComputerWhizz7Posted Image, :cool: i reckon its coool :flowers:
nn23 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users