Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:55 PM
I am a frequent poster on another site and it is very similar to this forum. They also use invision power board. The moderator suggested I come over here because I am not able to post at all. Each time I bring up my page, it tells me that I am not logged in. So I log in. Then when I attempt to post, it once again tells me to log in...over and over again. These are the steps I have taken trying to fix the problem-
1. Deleted temporary internet files
2. Deleted cookies (and have since logged in 20 times to no avail)
4. Windows update-I downloaded the service pack 2
5. Ran McAfee Virus Scan (I didn't have this running and when I ran it, it showed me that I had 13 viruses on my computer. It was able to clean or quarantine all but one that was called something Malware and it was apparently write disk protected and could not be cleaned)
6. I have restarted my computer numerous times
7. I tried using IE (I usually use AOL) and it did the same thing.
8. Disabled all programs with msconfig/start up tab with the exception of Virus Scan things
One thing I thought was the problem was this error message I would get everytime I would start up my computer. It said ipwins.exe has experienced and error and needs to close. I looked up ipwins.exe and was told to uninstall it, so I did. It didn't help. But I have no longer gotten that error message since.
I use AOL as my browser and for about a month have been getting horrendous pop ups secondary to my AOL...it comes up through IE. They are all wanting me to download something or telling me that I need to scan my computer but I never do it. SInce I made all these changes today, they seem to have slowed down and I have only seen one pop up since.
My computer is very choppy at times and moves slowly.
This is the oddest thing, I am using this forum with no problems...it has yet to log me out. Now why would it log me out at the other site and not here?
Thanks in advance for your help! I have windows XP.