Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Keep Getting Logged Out Over And Over Again On My

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrandyL

BrandyL

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

I am a frequent poster on another site and it is very similar to this forum. They also use invision power board. The moderator suggested I come over here because I am not able to post at all. Each time I bring up my page, it tells me that I am not logged in. So I log in. Then when I attempt to post, it once again tells me to log in...over and over again. These are the steps I have taken trying to fix the problem-
1. Deleted temporary internet files
2. Deleted cookies (and have since logged in 20 times to no avail)
3. Defragmented
4. Windows update-I downloaded the service pack 2
5. Ran McAfee Virus Scan (I didn't have this running and when I ran it, it showed me that I had 13 viruses on my computer. It was able to clean or quarantine all but one that was called something Malware and it was apparently write disk protected and could not be cleaned)
6. I have restarted my computer numerous times
7. I tried using IE (I usually use AOL) and it did the same thing.
8. Disabled all programs with msconfig/start up tab with the exception of Virus Scan things

One thing I thought was the problem was this error message I would get everytime I would start up my computer. It said ipwins.exe has experienced and error and needs to close. I looked up ipwins.exe and was told to uninstall it, so I did. It didn't help. But I have no longer gotten that error message since.

I use AOL as my browser and for about a month have been getting horrendous pop ups secondary to my AOL...it comes up through IE. They are all wanting me to download something or telling me that I need to scan my computer but I never do it. SInce I made all these changes today, they seem to have slowed down and I have only seen one pop up since.

My computer is very choppy at times and moves slowly.

This is the oddest thing, I am using this forum with no problems...it has yet to log me out. Now why would it log me out at the other site and not here?

Thanks in advance for your help! I have windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Welcome to BC BrandyL !
Start with posting a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum. Not Here.
After the malware issues are taken care of and you still have a problem with posting, please let us know.
Follow the instructions in the link below:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 BrandyL

BrandyL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

I'm worried a bit at all that in involved with doing the hijack thing. Would it be possible for me to revert my drive back a month or two to see if that helps? Does reverting my drive get rid of viruses?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

Your system restore files are infected. That said, if you need help with the prep for posting a Hijack This log, please let us know.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users