Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD to Movie Making Program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:56 PM

My husband gave me an Emerson Dvd recorder for my Christmas and I have recorded our VHS tapes to DVD. Now I want to put some of each video DVD into a program and make a graduation video to music for our son's highschool graduation. We have Microsoft Movie Maker and Adobe Premiere Video 6.5 but they won't read my discs. I can play them on Windows Media Player though. I can select them using *all files* put when I click on the icons they tell me that they are 'unsupported". Am I just out of luck? Using -R Dvds and recording in Video Mode. I think the format is Vidco-ts\vts Thank you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:47 AM

I don't have any suggestion, on how to resolve your problem, but you may find some answers here:
http://www.videohelp.com/
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:33 AM

Do you have Vob files in your video_ts folder?

I think you will need to merge the vob files together using FileMerger, which can be downloaded from http://www.doom9.org/.

Make sure you just merge the movie files and none of the menu's.

If you then rename the vob file to mpg, adobe may open it.

If not use vobedit to demux the video and audio stream from the vob file, if you want to merge them back into a standard mpg (vobs are really just mpg files) then use bbmpg which can also be downloaded from doom9 or herehere which also has the xp patch for bbmpeg. Alternatively get tmpg from here which also has some good multiplexing tools. Doom9 has the demo of V2, the previous site has the last freeware version.

Once you have mulitplexed mpg you should be able to get it into adobe.

#4 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:45 AM

You would have to play the DVD you made on a stand-alone DVD player and route the video thru a video capture device then on to MS Movie-maker (after being reformatted by the capture device). There are 2 types of capture devices: a capture device card into PC slot or a stand-alone device that sits on your work station and connects from your DVD player (or TV or VCR) thru a USB port to your computer.

I have done this recently-opted for stand-alone device--about $100.00.

Why we are not able to route the outut of an "onboard" DVD player onto MS movie maker (or another video editing program) angers me for sure. I'm sure that this is based on an agreement between MS, The PC maker and Hollywood. They are working feveriously to maintain their $$$ advantage (ie. Friends actors getting 1 million dollars per episode).

Suggest you google for more info--"video capture" :flowers: :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#5 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:26 AM

Buying a video capture card seems a very over the top way of getting the data. Merging the vob files is a far easier solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users