Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add Ons For Firefox Browser

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TRISTEN

TRISTEN

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Hi i jus downloaded firefox and it has ALL types of addons so i was wondering what is your favorite and why.
Im goin do some but im reading on them still...

Tristen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

Adblock Plus: I have like 5 blacklist subscriptions loaded into this extension, I've forgotten what ads look like.

Download Statusbar: Because your downloads shouldn't show up as a popup window.

DownloadThemAll: Very good mass downloading tool.

Flashgot: If you have a good download manager like Wackget or WinWget, this will integrate them nicely into Firefox.

IE Tab: For annoying web sites that insist on using IE, switch to the IE rendering engine within Firefox on the fly. Also helpful for testing and web development.

Mouse Gestures: Drag forward, move a page forward. Drag back, step back a page. Draw an "L" close a window.

Nuke Anything: Something annoying you on a web page? Right click and get rid of it.

Tab Mix Plus: Quite possibly my favorite extension. You can customize your tabs to almost any behavior you can think of with this.
Posted Image

#3 TRISTEN

TRISTEN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

arcman Thank you i am searching thru but there are so many i thynk ima be gettin almost everone you said now hahaa. I already added that adblock thing. and one that can send a picture to your cell fone. not sure what its called tho.

Love Firefox AHHH

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

BBcodeXtra (a godsend for forum junkies)
FasterFox (a little speed boost)
Download Status Bar
FoxyTunes (allows you to control your Media player without minimizing FireFox)
These Toolbars with Small Icon (makes the forward/back/home buttons about the size of the ones in IE 7)

Posted Image

#5 TRISTEN

TRISTEN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

BlackSpyder Thanks ima check most those that you have. Unfortunately tha sound on my computer doesnt work or i would definately get foxytunes.

Thanks for your suggesstions loved them

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

NoScript
allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content only for trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site.

McAfee Siteadvisor
SiteAdvisor is a downloadable tool that works with Firefox to help you:
Stay safe while you browse, stay safe while you search, and click to see a site's report page.

ReminderFox
an extension for Firefox and Thunderbird that displays and manages lists of date-based reminders and ToDo's. ReminderFox does not seek to be a full-fledged calendar system. In fact, the target audience is anybody that simply wants to remember important dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) without having to run a fat calendar application.

Tab To Window
Open an existing tab in a new window, or join a tab to an existing window.

Tabs Open Relative
makes all new tabs open to the right of the current tab, rather than at the far right of the tab bar.

UnPlug
This extension which lets you save video and audio which is embedded on a webpage - it's a video download tool.
It scans web pages and tells you where media players are getting their data from, and displays it as a simple hyperlink: in most cases, you can then follow the simple download link to save the media file.

Email This! Bookmarklet Extension
Email This! (formerly known as GMail This!) will send your recipient the link, title, & highlighted text of the page you are viewing using GMail, Yahoo, and Stand-Alone Mail Clients like Outlook Express, Thunderbird, & More!

CoLT
adds two menu items to the browser's context menu, both of which are only visible when right-clicking a hyperlink. The "Copy Link Text" menu item copies a hyperlink's associated text to the clipboard, while the "Copy Link Text and Location" menu item copies both the hyperlink's text and URL to the clipboard in the format you choose: either as plain text, as an HTML hyperlink, or as a custom format (which you may specify), such as BBCode.

Edited by tg1911, 16 March 2007 - 05:39 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Beyond the above (Interesting list tg1911!!)

Mediaplayer connectivitie

Functionalities :

* Replace the stream by a simple button (see sample above)
* Works with RealMedia, QuickTime and WindowsMedia streams
* Allow the use of any capable media player
* Support Media Metafiles (ram, rpm, wmv, wm, wma, asx, asf, ...)
* Activable per media format
* Support PLAYLIST (MP3)
* AutoPlay feature : automatically start to play the first media (see > icon in screenshot)
* Access, if available, to Media Metafiles for embed media (see + icon in screenshot)
* Contextual menu
* Quiet mode (MediaPlayerConnectivity don't replace the media, only access via contextual menu)
* Configuration wizard
* SmartPlay : automatically search and choose the best source using metafile ('+' icon) if exist
* Toolbar button

This is by far out the bestest, all in, online content, media player. It takes a little bit of configuring but I know can play litterly everything Posted Image

#8 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Clik Link > : Stumbleupon

StumbleUpon lets you "channelsurf" the best-reviewed sites on the web. This helps you find interesting webpages you wouldn't think to search for.

I use this extension when things get a little mundane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users