Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Bleeping Computer Features

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Some of you may know that we have updated the code on our site this past Monday to make it more efficient and to add some new features. Thankfully, I did not break too much, and as I just fixed the last of my bugs, I thought I would let everyone know what these new features are.

Uninstall Database
  • Submit your Add or Remove Programs list - With the help of Atri, I have created a tool that allows you to import your Add or Remove Programs list directly into our database. Once this list is imported the entries go into a queue where myself, and others, will review each entry, flesh it out, and add it to the database. With your submissions the database will quickly grow and be the most complete list of Add or Remove Programs entries available. I encourage everyone to submit there lists in order to help grow the database. Note: This feature does require a working Internet Explorer which will be used to submit the list. I unfortunately could not get it to work via Firefox or another browser.
Startup Database
  • Entries now show when they are Rootkits - If a a particular entry is a known Rootkit, the Startup Database will display a warning stating so when you are viewing it's entry.

• Rootkit Listing - This link will allow you to see all the entries in the Startup Database that have been classified as Rootkits.

• Startup Submission Wizard - Do you have a startup that is not in our database? Using the submission wizard you can submit these entries directly to our database. These entries will go into a queue where the staff will review, edit, flesh out, and ultimately decide if they should be added. If a submitted submission is accepted, that submission will count towards your submission total. The top 20 submitters can be found here. The review status of your submitted entries can be found in your personal submission profile which is linked at the Top Submitters page.

• HijackThis Entry Lists - We have now added HijackThis entry categories as part of our navigation structure. You can click on the particular entry navigation link to see those startup entries that match the particular HijackThis entry you are listing.

• Advanced Search - I have had a lot of requests to create a more advanced search feature that will allow you to search for specific words in specific categories. Now with the advanced search you can mix and match what parts of a startup entry you would like to search in
I hope you enjoy these new features and please let me know if there any bugs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

Thank you for the information Grinler.
Regards,
Darthy