Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easily Customizable Flash Based In-browser Media Player

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

So, I was searching for a way to embed several songs into a webpage. Rather than using the cluncky old <embed> tag or <bgsound> I began looking for a prebuilt, yet customizable, media player.

I found one at http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/audio.html and I've been singing it's praises all morning.

By placing a small .swf file on your server, adding a little code to the webpage in question, and editing a what looks like some sort of XML document (it's easy), you get a spiffy little media player.

Some notes, though:
It doesn't appear possible to edit the colors of the player. I attempted to edit the .swf file using Macromedia Flash 8, but it was uneditable.
If you don't give each song an image for the large version of the player, it (for some reason) connects itself to amazon.com. Flash Player should put a nasty warning up saying so.
The image section of the large player appears to be locked to a particular maximum size, no matter how big one makes the player proper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users