Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Posts/posts In Wrong Forums/spam/

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:15 AM

Why not make a forum where the above can be posted . Due to time difference it can happen that no staff is present to make the necessary changes. At this moment I am bothering always the same people with either double posts or HJT logs in wrong place or whatever needs to be corrected.

System is very simple : When somebody notices something he/she simply posts this in this forum. BC staff "coming on duty " take a first glance in this forum to see whether there is something which needs to be done.
This will avoid that diligent people will send the same thing to potentially different moderators.

Every wrongfull post is a seperate topic and a simple 1 worded reply "handled "by a moderator will indicate that it is been taken care of. If somebody else sees it, before posting it, he/she can first check in this particular forum to see whether it has been noticed.

Edited by fozzie, 16 March 2007 - 07:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

I could see it being useful, if there were no Staff members logged on at the time it was noticed, otherwise I believe a PM would yield quicker results.

At this moment I am bothering always the same people with either double posts or HJT logs in wrong place or whatever needs to be corrected.

It's no bother, fozzie.
That's what we're here for.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users