Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guitar

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

So... Anyone play guitar...i got mine about a year ago, and i started getting lessons about 6 months ago. i lost interest when my sister started up, because....well, i dont like her..but i became interested again because she doesnt play clean or read rythym..... so anyone know any good song for me to play?

Some bands i like are Queensryche, van halen, judas, priest, iron maiden, rush, and then some couple others if that helps
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

Here's a good song, it's called:

When Brothers & Sisters Play

It's about a brother and a sister putting their musical creativity together and coming up with something that is very special to both of them. Something they can both be proud of.

Stop bickering with your sister, and create music with her. She may be able to teach you a few things, and you do the same for, and with her. :thumbsup:

Edited by Walkman, 16 March 2007 - 12:56 AM.

#3 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:36 AM

.. is it an actual song? and if so, by who?
she uses my equipment without asking...so annoying and how can i create music?
im sorry..but she cant teach me anything...because i know everything she does.
she is also impossible to work with...... she wont let me touch her guitar... and everytime i turn on my amp she goes into my room and pull the power plug and then complains to my dad..... i did try to teach her before..2 power chords and she said shut up...annoying myspace addict.........

Edited by EddieT.H., 16 March 2007 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

May I inquire what age you are? Think there is more going on here than just guitar playing issues..
Don't want to sound like Dr.Phil but did you ever considered the concept of talking to her?

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:35 AM

.. is it an actual song? and if so, by who?

You mean to tell me that you never heard of it before?.. I forget the name of the group, but it's a nice song.

You and your sister are battling over the wrong things. Actually, you shouldn't battle at all. If you are both teenagers and over, then it's time to stop the pettiness (petty-ness). If you are around her age, you don't know more than she does, you just know different things than she does. That's all.

It sounds like you and her should put all of the differences aside, and work together as a family, and make something of it, with the music. And if you think you're Top Cheese, and it's your way or the highway, then you're going to have many issues dealing with not only with your sister, but with others. You're going to need her one day. I'd bet you on that one.

Love her, and work with her. That's your blood. And if you think you're all that with playing the guitar, and you're so musically inclined,,, just think how much better it would be if you had your sister right there, by your side...... all the way to the end?.......

Now that's how you make your guitar sing. :thumbsup:

#6 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

:inlove: I'm sorry your havin a tough time with your sister mate :thumbsup: . Don't worry, i'm sure things will change as time goes by :trumpet:

Anyways, i got a really cool link here to a site with LOADS of guitar tabs, i hope this gives you something to play with. :cool:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/queensryche_tabs.htm

Posted ImageNICE ONE!!Posted Image
nn23 :flowers:

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

ultimate-guitar is about the best site to get tabs to any song you want.

What i'm told is that Staind's "It's Been Awhile" is a very good song for beginner's to learn (supposedly it helps learn power chords and other techniques---just what Im told by people who play 6-strings)

personally some of the first songs I leared on bass were orgy's cover of "Blue monday" and Godsmack's " Straight out of line"

Posted Image

#8 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

Blue monday" and Godsmack's " Straight out of line"

I am definetely of a different generation Posted Image I learned sitting on the dog of the bay by Otis Redding and House of the Rising Sun which was considered soooo cool back in 1972

#9 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

May I inquire what age you are? Think there is more going on here than just guitar playing issues..
Don't want to sound like Dr.Phil but did you ever considered the concept of talking to her?

well, im 13 and she is 15

and thanks for all the suggestions
Posted Image

#10 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay and House of the Rising Sun are both excellent songs along with Stairway to Heaven however i dont know these songs timings completely by heart.

Posted Image

#11 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

timings? :thumbsup: :flowers:

#12 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

i would go and use ultimate guitar but it is marked red by siteadvisor...sure its safe to vist?
Posted Image

#13 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

And is this House of the rising Sun?
http://www.noolmusic.com/blogs/YouTube_Mus...ising_Sun.shtml
Posted Image

#14 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

i would go and use ultimate guitar but it is marked red by siteadvisor...sure its safe to vist?

mmm, marked red, what does that mean, unsuitable? well if thats the case then i do apologise EddieT.H., thats annoying. I can't offer you any advice about that other than stay away until you are 100% certain its safe!

If its any help, the search words i used when i came across it was: "guitar tabs" / "guitar tablature". What i originally went to was called "olga" (on-line guitar archive), they've got LOADS but they had a sign up saying they were "currently off-line while they attempt to resolve legal issues" which i am sure they will, they've been around for years. This is why i went searching somewhere else, because they were unavailable. I am sorry about that.

ha ha, excellent find with that vid! :flowers: That most certainly IS house of the rising sun! What a great performance! ha ha :trumpet: .

GOOD LUCK on your quest and i'll keep my eyes peeled also and get back to you if i find anything :thumbsup:

NICE ONE!! :inlove:
nn23

#15 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

cool, thanks nn23
Posted Image