Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Browser Issues (hjt Log)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 durdru

durdru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:43 PM

Hello, I'm new here and I hope I'm not being too selfish asking for help on my very first post. Anyway I'm starting to have IE browser issues... and I'm almost certain it has something to do with a virus alert I got earlier today. I proceeded to clean my computer with Spybot, Adaware, AntiVir (all with the latest updates) and they all detected something. Well after cleaning it out I was still having problems when surfing the web: whenever I loaded IE it would crash right when the page was about finished loading. I can still access the internet and browsing using explorer. Before cleaning I also noticed my full-window programs flashing to desktop every once in a while. Annoying :thumbsup:

With that said, here's my HJT log after virus/spyware scans

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 8:25:31 PM, on 3/15/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\v\My Documents\Downloads\programs\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = 
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDTray] "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [igndlm.exe] C:\Program Files\IGN\Download Manager\DLM.exe /windowsstart /startifwork
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.3.102.cab
O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8F2B9BD-A6A0-486A-9744-18920D898429} (ScorchPlugin Class) - http://www.sibelius.com/download/software/win/ActiveXPlugin.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs:  
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 3918 bytes

thanks again for your help

EDIT
After screwing around a bit I found that the problem was in fact google toolbar. So I uninstalled it and everything is fine now. The only problem is that I can't seem to reinstall it >_> I'll figure it out though

Edited by durdru, 16 March 2007 - 02:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

Hi Durdru,

Thanks for letting us know that you managed to find the solution to your problem. Sorry no one has replied before now, this forum is swamped right now.

I did notice in your log that you are running XP SP1, which is badly outdated and leaves you open to many exploits. Please update your Windows to Service Pack 2. You can get information and links to downloads here.

Once you have installed SP2, please use Windows Update to install all critical security updates, including updating your Internet Explorer. The current version is 7, I can't see what your version is but it is probably old and outdated.

Once those updates are done, you should also remove any Java versions you currently have installed and go here to download the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (Version 6).

Keeping your operating system, browser, and Java updated is just as important as keeping your antispyware and antivirus programs updated. Please do not neglect to do this. Right now your computer is vulnerable to a whole host of infections that exploit its vulnerabilities.

Good luck,

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users