Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webpage Setup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

I am making a web page for my civics class (we are doing mock elections and I want to setup a page for our candidate) I know the basics about HTML, I went on various websites to get free templates to use to make the setup of my website but I don't know how to Incorporate them into my website, I look at the source code and it won't show up on the page, I am using a free hosting website that lets me edit my page through HTML can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

When you take the standalone .html code while it is on your computer and double-click on it, will it open up as a proper web page? Did you double check the instructions for your web service to see exactly where your .html was supposed to be loaded? That's about the only two things I can think of that would be wrong.

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

sorry it took awhile to respond, to simply put it, I am using Dreamweaver 8, and on the opening message I went to the Page Designs (CSS) I found one that I like and I redid it and I went to freespaces.com that is where I am having my website hosted, and I uploaded it, and when I clicked on the url, the page showed up but when I would type the address in a new browser the page comes up white and onlyu shows the lettering nothing else (no borders ext.) but when I used Page Designs on Dreamweaver and played with it and uploaded the page everything shows up when I open new browsers of the page, why is it that I am having such a problem with css am I missing something?

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

If the page you created in Dreamweaver used an external style sheet, then you will have to upload that also.

#5 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

yup you are right thanks alot!, haha that was bugging me for almost a week now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users