Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware Install, Remove,install,remove On And On And

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rickgburton

rickgburton

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

hi, i am a novice when it comes to this computer and worse, i'm over 50. I realize thats a bad combination so let me appoligise in advance.
The problem I am having is I keep hearing the windows hardware install sound and then the hardware removed sound. A minute or less it does it again and again and again. Eventualy it will stop sometimes followed with the message, this usb mass storage device will perform better in a high speed....... It then gives me a list of about six ports to use. I don't think I have that many. The only usb device I'm using is a logitech bluetooth mini reciever. Ihave a hp a1410 with amd. I've upgraded to Nvidia G-force 6400 and creatives soundblaster x-fi platnum. this was about 3 months ago. This computer will be a year old next month. Oh yes I forgot to tell you I'm not even using the computer when the sounds start. Anything??
Thanks , Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

Hi, rickgburton! Welcome to BleepingComputer! Where age is not an issue.

Perhaps some componant in your PC is having issues that Windows is detecting as a USB drive being put in then taken out?

You didn't mention when this problem began to occur. If the problems started after your upgrade 3 months ago, then we should start there. Else, we need to do some more troubleshooting.

PS

what model of HP a1410 do you have:
HP Pavilion a1410y CTO Desktop PC
HP Pavilion Media Center a1410e CTO Desktop PC
HP Pavilion Media Center a1410n Desktop PC

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 16 March 2007 - 12:58 AM.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

Please download SIW
SIW is a System Information tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings. A utility that includes detailed specs for Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, Devices, Memory, Video, Drives, Ports, Printers. It displays information about Operating System, Installed Programs, Processes, Services, Product Key (CD key), Serial Numbers, Users, Open Files, System uptime, Users, Network, Network Shares, and more, as well as real-time monitors for CPU, Memory, Page File usage and network traffic. SIW also displays currently active network connections, Passwords hidden behind asterisks, installed codecs, and more. A standalone tool that does not require installation.

Please post back what you find there and we take it from there..

#4 rickgburton

rickgburton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

Thank-you for your fast response. I'm using the a1410n , windows xp media center edition 2005 service pack 2. I first noticed the sounds about 2 or 3 weeks after I had it upgraded. I also upgraded the tower (cooler master). There are 4 usb ports on the back. One is my hp PSC 1610 All in one printer. The front has two usb ports. The mini reciever uses one. I show no conflict in device manager. Under properties all devices are working properly. Thanks so much, Rick

#5 rickgburton

rickgburton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:59 AM

I downloaded siw and clicked on everything on the left. I didn't see anything obvious. To be perfectly honest
with you, I don't know what I'm looking for or how to use the program. I appoligise, I'm just not knowlagable when it comes to this computer. I'm trying but can see I still have a long way to go. I don't expect you to teach "computer 101" here. The last thing I want to do is waste your time. Just thought I'd give it a go. Thanks, Rick

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:10 AM

Hi Rick! That's what we're here for - so you're not wasting our time! :thumbsup:

First, unplug your HP printer. Then reboot. Does the sound happen then? If not, then it's likely to be the USB port in the printer that's causing this. If it continues, then it's a problem with another USB port.

If removing the printer solves the problem, then try to uninstall the printer's drivers through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then go to the HP web site (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=390315&lang=en ) and download the Full driver, the Patch, and the 3 updates. Then double click on each of them to install them.

Let us know if that helps. If not, then we'll try some other things.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users