Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KFA

KFA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

I'm hoping you can help me with my problem, I'm not very good at fixing computer problems.

During this evening I was downloading the latest version of iTunes and after it was completed I noticed I could not access Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MASON Messenger or any other internet-dependent programs. I restarted my laptop and switched off my modem, tried again and although Network Connections shows an active connection, I cannot access the internet. I thought it may be due to the new iTunes version and did a system restore to before the update but it has made no difference. I thought it could be due to me reaching the end of my Broadband monthly usage limit but I have had no indication of this and I am not sure if it would be cut off completely should this happen.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hey, KFA - :thumbsup: to the board!

I'm not very tuned in to iTunes, so I may not be able to help, but I do have some questions:

What do you mean when you say you can not access those programs?

Are you saying that you can't open them, or that when you do open them, you are not able to access the Internet?

I'm signing off now, but if you describe your situation further, I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.

Take care.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 KFA

KFA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the reply :thumbsup:

In answer to your question, when I try and application it says it cannot access the internet and IE shows "This page cannot be displayed".

I have a firewall and Antivirus running at all times too, and tried to access the internet with both switched off in case it was a problem with them but no change.

Thank you for your help :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users