Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blue02celi

blue02celi

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

I've had my computer for a while now, about 3 yrs, and I would like to start upgrading it. I know theres a way to see all exactly what I have currently in the computer and I know you guys would need that to make any suggestions so if anyone could point me in that direction it would be greatly appreciated and then we can get started

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

Well if you make a list of your current spec then people will have some idea what you are running hardware wise. Processor, hard drive, video card, sound card, operating system etc :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 blue02celi

blue02celi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

Dell Dimension 8300
Microsoft windows XP, Home edition Version 2002, service pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz, 768MB of RAM

Creative Soundblaster Live!
NVIDA GeForce FX 5200

JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166
Sony CD-RW CRX216E

WDC WD400BB-75DEA0 (Im guessing this is my hard drive, its under disk drives in my device manager, 40G)

Not sure if there is anything I missed. Fist off, I know the RAM DEFINITELY needs to be one of the first things I upgrade. this comp for some reason only came with 128 if i remember correctly and I just stuck some in there a while ago. what I would like to do is completely wipe everything and was thinking of getting a new computer but wasnt sure if it would be cheaper to upgrade this one. cant find my xp CD that came with the computer so thats whats been holding me from actually doing anything, but I have all the other CD's. as far as what I use it for, I play online games alot, and simulation games that usually require some decent graphics.

It works, for the most part, fine when Im playing online but its a bunch of little stuff that just bugs me and I know its long overdue to do something with this machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users