Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image Zone Express

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Prashanta

Prashanta

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help me on this one. I had Image zone express in my laptop, but since I stoped using the printer I uninstalled all the HP software, all except the IZE. But I did not what the fellow peskin' around so I deleted manually from the disk and then whent to clean the registry and used CCleaner and Regcure and Registry Mechanic and a few more I cannot remember. But somehow something is always able to escape because everytime I boot the computer the windows installer pops up and tries to instal the Image Zone Express, of course it goes in error.

When I go to event's log I get the following report:
A detecção do produto '{FE64AE29-0883-4C70-8388-DC026019C900}', funcionalidade 'ImageZoneExpress' falhou durante o pedido do componente '{436D7A23-36BE-11D2-ACBB-0080C7FCBB84}'

Sorry, it is in portuguese, but it means it does not detect the product (first value) and it failed during the request of the component (second value).

How can I solve this? Apparently there is a piece of information that got stuck in the windows installer and so everytime it runs the thing which no longer exist. Is it possible to edit the windows installer? Any other way of making it not run this command anymore?

Any help will be extremly welcome! For months this is bothering me!

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Prashanta

Prashanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

The id of the event is 1001

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:04 AM

Welcome(Bienvenido al) to BC..

Did you do these runs in safe mode?

#4 Prashanta

Prashanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hi,
yes I ran Ccleaner in safe mode but the problem still persists. I search the registry for all the names possible related to the product and for the values I posted above. I deleted a lot of stuff. The Ccleaner under safe mode cleaned some more but the problem persists... I am going to sue HP!!!
The only way I found to prevent that pesky windows installer pop up is by desactivating the windows installer. But it does not solve the problem... it only looks like it... Seems like the windows installer is stuck with a command and is not able to drop it...
Other suggestions?
Is windows installer one of those we can open and read the code and rearrange it?

All help extremely welcome

#5 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

Try Windows Installer Cleanup. That should do the trick

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

See the info in the link below. Basically, reinstall and uninstall correctly.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/...982302+28353475
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 Prashanta

Prashanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

For my own despair nothing worked....
The thing is: there is no more trace of the software on my computer. Everything is clean... there is not instalation. So the Windows Installer Clean Up does not detect any HP product. So this did not work.
What happens is: the Windows installer runs at windows start up and looks for the imagezoneexpress.msi in order to install it. But I do not have the cd anymore. So it tries several times and then goes away. It is a ciclical error, every time a restart there it is again trying to install the "damn" imagezoneexpress.msi that does not exist.
I cleaned the computer in all possible and imaginary ways.
It seams to be that there is a command "stuck" on windows installer that makes it try install the HP thing every time.
I am desperate... this is starting to anoy me....
Please help before I sue the "bastard"........

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

You don't need the disk to reinstall. It can be downloaded from the web.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 Prashanta

Prashanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

did that... did not work... Image Zone Express is no more... now they only have the latest version replacing it.
Do you happen to have a link for the earlier?

#10 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

Please do the following :

START RUN type services.msc go to start up and look for the above entry,untick it save and reboot.. see whether this will give any prevail

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

If Fozzie's suggestion doesn't work, try using the program in the link below to identify the item. If you find what you think is it, just uncheck the box next to it. That will disable and not delete.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/autoruns.mspx

#12 Prashanta

Prashanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:19 AM

Well... what can I say... nothing worked.
I don't find any HP or IZE thing anywhere. Is there a way of accessing the Windows Installer code? I believe the problem is there because if I deactivate it the HP thing does not come. If the Windows Installer is active than automatically it will start to instal de Imagezoneexpress.msi
So it seams it is a command stuck in Windows Installer itself, not on the startup priorities.
Any way of reading the code of Windows Installer?

Big thank you for all support....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users