Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 And Default Email

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cartooncutie

cartooncutie

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

I have the MS Office 2007 trial and Windows XP. Since downloading the new Office, every time I click a link Internet Explorer, Outlook opens up instead of Gmail. I have Gmail Notifier and have the "set as default" box checked. Also the "set as default" option is unchecked in Outlook.

What else can I do besides deleting Outlook or installing Google Talk?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

You need to make sure outlook is not set to default because it will over ride gmail notifier.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 cartooncutie

cartooncutie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

The only email options in Internet Explorer are Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live Mail. I don't want any of those:(

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

Have you tired Step 3 in these these instructions?

Link: How To Make Gmail Default Mail Application

#5 cartooncutie

cartooncutie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

yep the box is checked

#6 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

Go to start. Click on set program access and defaults. Then click on custom. Check the little box that says you want Gmail to be your default mail client. Then there should be a button that says "apply" or "Confirm" or something like it. Press it. Wait till the job is done. Then go back to the start button and Gmail should be your default email program.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#7 cartooncutie

cartooncutie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

Go to start. Click on set program access and defaults. Then click on custom. Check the little box that says you want Gmail to be your default mail client. Then there should be a button that says "apply" or "Confirm" or something like it. Press it. Wait till the job is done. Then go back to the start button and Gmail should be your default email program.

took me a minute to figure out you were talking about add/remove programs...alas, gmail is not an option there, only outlook

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Hi cartooncutie,
I have used this Default Mail Utility when Windows was being stubborn about my selection of default mail clients.
It worked for me without any problems.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 cartooncutie

cartooncutie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

Hi cartooncutie,
I have used this Default Mail Utility when Windows was being stubborn about my selection of default mail clients.
It worked for me without any problems.

no dice, gmail wasn't an option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users