Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Change The Location Of "unsent" Messages In T.b. 1.5.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

I have an annoying problem. I run 4 different email accounts thru T.B. 1.5.0.1. When I save an Email to be sent later, it gets stored in an "Unsent" folder Under "Local Folders" not the "unsent" folder under the Account I created the email from. Is there an easy way to have all "unsent" emails from Acct: A1 stored in the "Unsent" folder for Acct: A1 not under "local folders". Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

Go to Tools > Account Settings (or in the folder tree on the left right click on any of the account names & select Properties). Highlight Copies & Folders & under When Sending Messages, automatically > Place a Copy In, select "Sent" Folder on: use the drop down arrow to the right & select the folder you want to use other than Local Folder. You will have to do this for each account.

Click on Pic:

Posted Image

Edited by hillbillygreek, 16 March 2007 - 01:05 AM.

#3 yorocco7

yorocco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. However I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not trying to change the folders where "sent" - "draft" or "templates" are stored ( I know how to do that). I'm trying to get my unsent emails placed in the "unsent messages" folder that is right below my "inbox" in each of my email accounts. I write a lot of emails & often selected to "sent later" before I send them out. As of now any email I write in my 4 accounts get stored in the "unsent" folder under Local folders.
Also
-When I was looking at your picture, it seemed like you had Yahoo running w/ T.B. Is that true?
I hope I'm making sense.
Thanks!
---------
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Sorry. Misread your post. Right click on anything other than Inbox on the folder tree on the left & choose New Subfolder, name it, then where it says Create as a subfolder select the account & Choose this for the parent..

Posted Image

Followed by:

Posted Image

When I was looking at your picture, it seemed like you had Yahoo running w/ T.B. Is that true?

Yes I do use Yahoo with Thunderbird.

Boy what a bad day!

Edited by hillbillygreek, 16 March 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#5 yorocco7

yorocco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately its not what I was trying to do. How did you get those snap shots of the email acct. If I could do that it might make things easier. Under my primarly account I do have a "unsent messages" folder right under my "inbox". I right clicked on it and it wouldn't make a sub folder. I don't see an option to select where to file unsent messages. You can select options for sent-drafts-templates but not unsent messages. Maybe this tree will help

Primary acct
-Inbox
-Unsent messages
-Draft
-Templates
-Sent
-Trash
-Biz #1
-Biz #2

Second acct
-Inbox
-Draft
-Templates
-Sent
-Trash
-Biz #1
-Biz #2

Local Folders
-Inbox
-Unsent
-Draft
-Templates
-Sent
-Trash
==============================
When I'm using my primary acct I can not store unsent messages in the "Unsent Messages" in the primary
acct. I'm not sure why its even there. All unsent messages get stored in the "Unsent" folder under "Local Folders". Its not that big a deal but is annoying. Sorry to kept bringing this up. It just seems like a simple thing to change but I can't seem to do it. Thanks!
-PS-How do you run Yahoo mail w/ T.B. I didn't think it was possible!

#6 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

Link 1:

How to Capture & Edit a Screenshot

Link 2:

Inserting an Image Within a Post

-PS-How do you run Yahoo mail w/ T.B. I didn't think it was possible!

You can either pay for it which is what I do or you can use either of these:

YPOPS!

FreePops

I have not used either, but they are recommended. If you decide to use either & should have any problems, feel free to ask questions & someone who has used them will help you.

Edited by hillbillygreek, 20 March 2007 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users