Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Laserjet 1012

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paulboc

paulboc

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

My HP 1012 suffered a paper jam. I opened the door, removed the toner cartridge and cleared the jam by pulling the paper down and out. I replaced the toner cartridge and closed the door. When I turned the printer back on the red trouble light went on after the unit went through its initialization. I ran the HP troubleshooting utility which told me 1. to close the door and 2. to install the toner cartridge. I have tried several times to reinstall the toner to no avail. The drive motor runs and the final roller at the top revolves so ther is no jamup. It is probably a paper sensor switch or interlock switch but I do not know where to look to find it. Does anyone have any ideas? All comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 16 March 2007 - 06:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

You can look for a small piece of paper that might've come off during the jam. If it's a sensor or switch, then it's a matter of finding out which one it is. The sensors are usuall located near the paper roller (all around it, check top and bottom) and near the paper exit, with perhaps one or 2 inbetween. Without having the actual printer right in front of me, it's hard to know exactly where to look. Be extremely carefull when looking for these switches, as there's all sorts of small moving parts and springs that are fragile and can be next to impossible to replace. Also be careful if you have to remove the housing of the printer to access it to search for the sensors/switch.

If a sensor or switch is broken, you can order a new replacement for it, just beware that the cost of the part and the time and effort that it'll take you to replace it, it might just be easier to get a new printer (unless it was an expensive printer).

Let us know how you fare with this! Good luck, hopefully it's something really simple! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users