Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad_pool_caller

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thebestrc

thebestrc

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

Came home from school,turned on my pc and it a stated one of the disks needed to be checked for consistency. While checking the C:\ it said that the BOOTEX.log had to be truncated. Anyway after it finished checking it continued to load and just before the blue windows loading screen came up the screen switched to a BSOD. with the following message - BAD_POOL_CALLER

0x000000C2 (0x00000043, 0xD239000, 0x00000000 , 0x00000000 )

I tried restarting in safe mode as suggested but the same thing happened again. Any tips on how i can resolve this problem?

Ive been looking on the net for help and it suggested that there was a conflict on pc's that had been upgraded from the OS Win 2000*Grinler to XP. This was done ages ago and i shouldn't see why there should be a problem as ther hasnt been one before. Also read up on performing an in place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP. IM just wonderin if i do this will i lose all of the programs and data already stored on my pc???

Also my retarded brother just told me he didnt shutdown the pc properly and just switched off the pc while the blue windows (saving your settings screen was on). hope this helps .

PLEASE REPLY ASAP thanx

Edited by thebestrc, 15 March 2007 - 12:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

Bad_pool_caller

Have you tried, rebooting in safe mode, then selecting, "last known good configuration" ?

I am a beginner and can't tell much, but hope to help.

Jove :thumbsup:

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#3 TranceWarp

TranceWarp

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:18 PM

As a BAD_POOL_CALLER STOP error can be caused by bad drivers, you may want to post your computer's hardware specs so we could zero in on the culprit. You may also want to state what hardware you've changed recently.

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:43 AM

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1080019958

Bootex.log is a file created by chkdsk.exe when it is run; its results are rolled into the main log after the system finished booting. If chkdsk.exe is interrupted, bootex.log can become corrupted. When chkdsk.exe runs again, it tries to write to bootex.log, which is, unfortunately, now corrupt. It doesn't know this until after the check; so even though it was deleted by chkdsk.exe, it was written to in the mean time and is therefore still corrupt. The fix is to run under the Recovery console by either booting from the Windows XP CD or running \i386\winnt32.exe on the Windows XP CD with the argument /cmdcons. When in the console, run chkdsk.exe /p to fix the file. Then type del c:\bootex.log to remove the offending file. Reboot, and all is taken care of.

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 17 March 2007 - 09:45 AM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#5 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

Thanks TheTerrorist_75 for the helpful info ill try that. If all else fails ill have have to repair windows by performing an in place upgrade

@TranceWarp i haven't recently installed any new hardware at all.

Edited by thebestrc, 18 March 2007 - 06:31 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

Performing an in place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP will leave your programs and data intact. It's what we refer to as a "repair" of Windows. You can find more information on it here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:01 AM

Tried the chkdsk /p and del c:\bootex.log and it didnt work the OS would load to the same point where it says windows is starting then cut to the BSOD. Im wondering whether there if there is a problem with boot.ini ???I also tired to "repair windows" but that didnt work either any other helpful suggestions???

#8 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

Microsoft on 0x0 errors
This could be a memory issue. Try Memorytest

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

How to debug STOP 0xC2 errors: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265879&sd=RMVP

If this isn't a memory issue, then you'll have to isolate which driver is causing it. Otherwise, updating all drivers will probably fix it. Start with the motherboard/chipset devices, then the Video, then the onboard devices, then the NIC and sound, then everything else.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

FIXED. I back upped the important stuff of my hard drive onto an external hd then i formatted the hd and einstalled Windows XP all is well and wonderful again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users