Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Sightings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Every once in a while, when i start up my computer, at the loading screen it flashes and goes blank. Then, when it loads the Welcome Screen, all I see is the mouse - I can still click on the usernames, and when I do it starts up Windows, but the screen is still blank except for the mouse. The only solution I've found is to restart the computer.

My system specs are in my signature. I run AVG 7 every day, and I run Spybot and Ad-Aware every other day, so I don't suspect a virus or malware. Could it be the drivers? It's ony started doing this recently.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Have you installed recently new applications or tweaked XP in any manner?
Can you see what is in your boot.ini?

#3 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

Have you installed recently new applications or tweaked XP in any manner?
Can you see what is in your boot.ini?

The boot.ini isn't changed. I recently installed Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5 (which have been conflicting with my Web Accelerator but nothing serious), and a few other apps like Ventrilo and some old games like Driver and Tomb Raider Level Editor (which doesn't run very well on good computers). The last three have all since been removed.

Steam has been trying to update some applications, but it can't do it unless there's a connection and I'm running on Dialup so it can't start until I let it.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:57 AM

Every once in a while, when i start up my computer, at the loading screen it flashes and goes blank. Then, when it loads the Welcome Screen, all I see is the mouse - I can still click on the usernames, and when I do it starts up Windows, but the screen is still blank except for the mouse. The only solution I've found is to restart the computer.

When this happens can you than enter event viewer 9START RUN type eventvwr) and look for white crosses in red dots?

#5 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

I would, but I can't see the Start button to click it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users