Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlessedBeMe

BlessedBeMe

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:10 AM

My computer recently crashed after a windows update and I had to reinstall windows xp professional. After doing so I have several, 36 total, missing files. Does anyone know how to correct this? Below is a list of the missing files.

MISSING FILES:

kodak_dc.icm
wdwmdmsp.dll
nikedrv.sys
rio8drv.sys
riodrv.sys
spnike.dll
sprio600.dll
sprio800.dll
srgb.icm
streamci.dll
tosdvd.sys
tsbvcap.sys
tsbyuv.dll
usbcamd.sys
usbcamd2.sys
vdmindvd.sys
wowfax.dll
wowfaxui.dll
usrcntra.dll
usrcoina.dll
usrdpa.dll
usrdtea.dll
usrfaxa.dll
usrlbva.dll
fsvga.sys
paqsp.dll

If anyone knows how to add these missing files, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks and Brightest Blessings,
BlessedBeMe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:46 AM

Are you sure you have the right CD? Looking on the net came back that all these files were missing on a faulty re-install. ( BTW I only count 26..)

Here you could download most of the missing dll files

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

If more or less that you think that the files are deleted already,you may want to try this software: (free)
(you could use this if you cant find other files that are missing in your list)
http://www.recuva.com/download
Hope this works
-Commander Gman

Edited by Commander Gman, 15 March 2007 - 06:59 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 BlessedBeMe

BlessedBeMe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Guys,
I was able to download some of the missing dll files but was unable to install them. I also tried the Recuva with no luck. Help - any other suggestions. And you are right it is 26 instead of 36, I typed it wrong. Thanks, BlessedBeMe

#5 BlessedBeMe

BlessedBeMe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Yipeee!!! :thumbsup: I'm not sure how I did it but I think that I was able to fix this problem. Much thanks for getting back to me as quickly as you did. :flowers: I knew my friends at Bleeping Computer would help or at least steer me in the right direction! Warmest Regards, BlessedBeMe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users