Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Making

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:44 AM

These are my few unanswered questions on Web Making
although it could look silly to you,Pls. bare with me because im new in this topic. :thumbsup:

1.)Is there any encoding software to put all your codes?
or do you have to put it manually?

2.)Where do you put the codes of HTML,etc?
-do you plainly use the notepad and save it as "name".html?
then access the page?

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

Creating a simple web page consists of typing some code in a text editor and saving as an .html file (as you already figured out in your second question).

Somewhere on here I had a big post discussing basic html.. i can't seem to find it at the moment though. :thumbsup:

#3 KIDRoach

KIDRoach

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

i'm new to html also, but i hope i can help =)

if i don't misunderstand your question 1, i think there are a few softwares that you can use to help you with the codings of html, such as dreamweaver and frontpage or one of those wyswyg html script editor softwares(at least these are the ones that i use). If you want, you should try dreamweaver. It's a got a 30-days trial period.
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

#4 Commander Gman

Commander Gman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

Ok thanks for your help by the way,I found a site thats very good on teaching html,for those who want to learn i suggest using this site Hope this could be of help:

http://freespace.virgin.net/r.cawley/lessons.html

this is where ive learned html and also webmonkey is a good extension of html

Now the only thing im arguing in that site is capital letters for the codes on html
it just keeps me silly but im gonna use small letters instead

Sadly though is the notepad where you put all your codes? i thought there was
another sort of thing to put all your codes

For this i already have dreamweaver and all those stuff..

I decided to move on to flash and then go back to where i left which was dhtml
good luck everyone :thumbsup:
-Commander Gman

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users