Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Blue Screen With Writing Pops Up And States Something About My Memory And Gives A 45s Countdown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aeon flux

aeon flux

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

...it restarts fine and works until the next time.....

Hey There,

Not sure what is triggering this or what's going on. I use adaware and spybot regularly. I have Symnatec antivirus and nothing seems to be going on according to it. I had a problem with my computer where it just shut off and would not restart, I took it in to the PC guy in town and he "fixed it" This was months ago (5 or 6). Now this blue screen thing taking over my PC randomly is new, happedn twice in the last two days, and I think 2 more times in the last 2 or 3 months. Not sure what causes it, please help if you can. I will try and write down the exact msg when it happens again. Should I post a Hijack this log? Also, I tried scanning my PC with housecall.trendmicro and it won't let me, nothing happens when I try to load it up.

Thanks,
A

Edited by aeon flux, 14 March 2007 - 09:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

Have you check the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools for error messages?
Try running Memtest86.com Memory Diagnostic to see if you may have a bad memory module.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:45 AM

For eventviewer do ; START RUN type eventvwr and look for white crosses in any of the 3 segments and post them here...

#4 aeon flux

aeon flux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

Hey Guys,

This is what the blue screen says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apprears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware of software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as Caching or Shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP:0x000000077 (0x000009C, 0xc000009C, 0x00000000, 0x06358000)

Begin dump of physical memory.

This is what pops up when I restart it:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER68dc.dir00\Mini012707-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER68dc.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 77 BCP1 : C000009C BCP2 : C000009C BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 04355000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

What does this mean and what should I do? I did not install any new hard or software. I did plug in a PDA once into a USB port and it didn't work. I dunno if that would have caused anything though.

THANK YOU :thumbsup:

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Here's a brief explanation of the error message: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x77

As one of the possible causes is a virus infection, it's important to first scan the system for malware even though you already have an anitvirus installed. This is "in case" a virus has "hijacked" your antivirus protection. I'd suggest this free, online scan: http://safety.live.com/

Once you're sure that the system is clean, then you can proceed with some more tests.

Run the Memtest that Acklan suggested. Let it run for 2 or 3 passes (but overnight is better).

Remake your pagefile following these instructions (in case of pagefile corruption): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic71367.html#

Run chkdsk /f /r from the Run dialog. It'll tell you that it can't run right now and will ask you if you want to run it on the next reboot. Select Yes and then reboot.

Runa diagnostic utility (available for free from the manufacturer of your hard drive0 to see if the disk is OK.

More info here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315266&sd=RMVP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228753&sd=RMVP
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users